Docwheelhorse

T-Shirt request please....

Retired Wrencher

Sorry Tony I prefer Crapsman!

• Haha 1

elcamino/wheelhorse

I had to stop in the Blue Box store yesterday for a few things parked out from was a Crapsman zero turn $3,000.00 .. No way in H.

DougC

Well Hell... We all get what we pay for in life. Trouble comes cheep and is always readily available...:beer:

• Like 2

JoeM

Often wonder sometimes. Figure one reason is those chains deal in plastic, easier to buy junk than to throw out the bennys and grants to get a real machine. :confusion-shrug:

"We the people" do we really know who they are? 

Snoopy11

I just got an older model around a week ago. Runs great now... after fixing half the crap on it... Kohler command engine. Peerless 6 speed transmission. BUT... mine came from the 90's... when men cared about their craft (hence craftsman)... :rolleyes:

100_1747.JPG.02f37ae679cb6095bbfb075e45de1f62.JPG

100_1748.JPG.feac9f409c8211ed0c7c132468cda37a.JPG

100_1749.JPG.45f46ed87a09631fd1dfa6fe7363bb50.JPG

Don

• Like 1

stevebo

Tony-

you know better!

• Haha 1

ri702bill

My son picked up a 1994 Craftsman II a couple of years ago that had a 12.5 HP Briggs that tossed the rod out the block for $50. It is the "Steering Express" model, has 4-wheel steering and a bagger, It now has a 14 HP Briggs. VERY heavy handed to steer around objects, but great for fall clean-ups.

Bill

• Like 1

sergeant

MTD Built the top model in light Grey Model for The Craftsman Line,  The bottom Polo Green model Is AYP made based on the older Roper design. AYP Parent was Electrolux at the time.  Electrolux spun off all its outdoor Power equipment under Husqvarna in 2006

Technically, Your statement could Be accurate today about "Craftsman makes it, China shakes it!" But at the time the light gray model was made, MTD and Craftsmen were separate companies But with Stanley's purchase of  the Craftsman line in 2017 & the purchase of MTD In December 2021  That could be said about some Craftsmen Mowers today,  that have engines still Made in China.

Little History

Sears bought Roper In the 1950s and spun Roper off as it owns company in 1982. Roper sold off it outdoor power equipment line in 1989 to Electrolux (Swedish appliance company). American Yard Products was formed/born   and now technically AYP is defunct. But really it's just Husqvarna Outdoor Power, with Electrolux spinning off all its outdoor power equipment brands under the Husqvarna Label