davem1111

Would you buy these? 2 WH for $200 :-O

Sailman

Yep, I have a 416-8 and it has the Kohler 16 hp. Its a beast good luck if you can snag them.

• Like 4

davem1111

Still no reply. :scared-notify:

Everybody send good vibes, pray, toss some salt over your shoulder or whatever you can do that might help me get this deal.  :pray::greetings-clappingyellow:

I'm still hoping that the guy has just been busy today, and tomorrow mine is the first offer he sees.  Yeah, I figured it would be worth going to $300, not sure how I feel about going much higher than that, sight unseen. 

• Like 1

ANTPER

I've lost deals a few deals like that thinking too much and not acting. Same situation thinking scam. Move on as there will be others deals that will pop up. lately a lot of 300 series for sale around me in the upper 900.00 area

• Like 3

sjoemie himself
4 hours ago, ANTPER said:

thinking too much and not acting

I can second that! Only condition ofcourse is that the seller respons to your messages and/or calls.

• Like 4

Maxwell-8
11 hours ago, davem1111 said:

I'm puzzled about the 416-8 because he says it has a Kohler engine.  Mine has an Onan. Did they make some with Kohlers? 

In Europe we only got the one cylinder M16 Kohler in the 416.

• Like 2

davem1111
9 hours ago, ANTPER said:

I've lost deals a few deals like that thinking too much and not acting. Same situation thinking scam. Move on as there will be others deals that will pop up. lately a lot of 300 series for sale around me in the upper 900.00 area

I only thought about it for about 5 minutes before calling to say I was interested.  But by the time I saw the ad it had been on CL for about 6 hours, so who knows how many other calls the seller may have gotten.  He may have sold them within 5 minutes of posting...  but if so, he didn't take down the ad.  I'm still hopeful that he just got busy and wasn't expecting a quick response.  Unless someone else is much closer and has the means to move them quickly, my job is flexible enough that I can move pretty fast.  It's about an hour and 15 minutes from me. 

• Like 3

ANTPER
19 minutes ago, davem1111 said:

I only thought about it for about 5 minutes before calling to say I was interested.  But by the time I saw the ad it had been on CL for about 6 hours, so who knows how many other calls the seller may have gotten.  He may have sold them within 5 minutes of posting...  but if so, he didn't take down the ad.  I'm still hopeful that he just got busy and wasn't expecting a quick response.  Unless someone else is much closer and has the means to move them quickly, my job is flexible enough that I can move pretty fast.  It's about an hour and 15 minutes from me. 

15min? OMG bummer. Yea gotta say that that sets me off when people leave adds up after deals long after are done. I'd still try get hold of them just on curiosity see the response on add.

• Like 2

Pullstart

One of my favorite yard chores machines was a 15-20 minute old ad.  Commando 6 “non-running” for $65.  It took me a couple hours to get there and he mentioned he should have done his homework.  From the time I left to get it, to the time I got there, he had received 20 or so offers well over asking price but kept his commitment to me.

I tossed a worn out Kohler carb on the Tecky and it’s a great runner.  The tires are not loaded no it has no extra weight.  With the aluminum or magnesium Tecky block, it lifts the front end quite easy but always has the bite to move forward.  I can grade the driveway and pull quite heavy objects too.

61463942-5F53-4CA9-B5E0-77FD3E21423F.jpeg

3B1BEC5A-7F2C-4371-9E63-33AF8B0B408C.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1
  • Heart 1

Snoopy11
19 hours ago, davem1111 said:

come-along

I could always come-along, and help you load, and you can give me one of the Wheel Horses... :teasing-poke:

:laughing-rolling:

Don

• Haha 4

Snoopy11
16 hours ago, davem1111 said:

Still no reply. :scared-notify:

Everybody send good vibes, pray, toss some salt over your shoulder or whatever you can do that might help me get this deal.  :pray::greetings-clappingyellow:

I saw that listing on CL... so I called the number myself to see if they would answer. NOPE... straight to voicemail. :bitch:

I wish you luck! :rolleyes:

Don

• Like 2

Dan.gerous
10 hours ago, Maxwell-8 said:

In Europe we only got the one cylinder M16 Kohler in the 416.

My UK new 416-8 has the twin Onan in it, sounds awesome when it's running.

• Like 3

davem1111
1 hour ago, Snoopy11 said:

I could always come-along, and help you load, and you can give me one of the Wheel Horses... :teasing-poke:

:laughing-rolling:

Don

WOOHOO!!   THEY ARE MINE!! :music-rockout:

The poor lady called me a while ago, actually thinking she was calling a different buyer for something else.  Apparently, her husband recently found out he has prostate cancer :(, so they are selling off a bunch of stuff....  I don't enjoy benefitting from someone else's misfortune, but someone was going to buy them.  

I'm not very religious, but I will be saying a prayer for the guy (his name is Curtis), and it might brighten his day a bit if tell him some of my friends here at the forum are praying for him too :eusa-pray:

I reserved a 10 foot U-Haul for tomorrow, which should be easier to get them in, and will only cost a little more than the pickup truck. :auto-ambulance:

Don, if you want to help me load, the help would be appreciated, but sorry, not giving you a tractor :teasing-tease:

I am likely to be parting out at least one of these, probably both, after I get the parts I want.    Anyone have a wish list?  

• Like 2
  • Excellent 5

davem1111
1 hour ago, Dan.gerous said:

My UK new 416-8 has the twin Onan in it, sounds awesome when it's running.

I already have one with the Onan twin, and a 312-A with the Kohler single.  They sound different of course, and I kinda like they way they both sound.  Tough choice, if it is a choice to be made.

• Like 2

Dan.gerous
28 minutes ago, davem1111 said:

I already have one with the Onan twin, and a 312-A with the Kohler single.  They sound different of course, and I kinda like they way they both sound.  Tough choice, if it is a choice to be made.

The 12hp singles do have a lovely sound about them I have to admit.

• Like 1

Dan.gerous
32 minutes ago, davem1111 said:

I am likely to be parting out at least one of these, probably both, after I get the parts I want.    Anyone have a wish list?  

Seems a shame to break them up, once gone they never come back :-(

• Like 4
  • Excellent 1

Snoopy11
43 minutes ago, davem1111 said:

Don, if you want to help me load, the help would be appreciated, but sorry, not giving you a tractor :teasing-tease:

AH MAN!  :laughing-rolling:

Don

• Haha 4

Snoopy11
12 minutes ago, Dan.gerous said:

Seems a shame to break them up, once gone they never come back

I agree. You would make more money to fix them up and resell them... @davem1111...

Don

• Like 3
  • Heart 1

Dan.gerous
1 minute ago, Snoopy11 said:

I agree. You would make more money to fix them up and resell them... @davem1111...

Don

And sleep better knowing 2 more horses live to fight another day :-)

• Like 4
  • Excellent 1

Snoopy11
2 minutes ago, Dan.gerous said:

And sleep better knowing 2 more horses live to fight another day

And have projects with :banana-gotpics: for us guys here on the forum who have been here rooting you on with this purchase! :banana-dance:

Don

• Like 4

Snoopy11
1 hour ago, davem1111 said:

it might brighten his day a bit if tell him some of my friends here at the forum are praying for him too

You do that. I for one will certainly be! :handgestures-thumbupright:

Who knows, maybe he is a member here on the forum somewhere? Ya think? :confusion-confused:

Don

• Like 4

Handy Don
3 hours ago, davem1111 said:

brighten his day

Please do pass on my prayer for his and his wife's strength in the months ahead. Prostate cancer is an implacable opponent--slow but sure.

And good luck with the tractors!

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1
  • Heart 1

ANTPER
24 minutes ago, Handy Don said:

Please do pass on my prayer for his and his wife's strength in the months ahead. Prostate cancer is an implacable opponent--slow but sure.

And good luck with the tractors!

Prostrate Cancer is very treatable in most cases...  trick is to catch it in time. Gentle I urge you all to get blood work every year and check PSA levels

• Like 3
  • Excellent 2

SylvanLakeWH

:text-yeahthat: x2

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

Roger R
56 minutes ago, ANTPER said:

Prostrate Cancer is very treatable in most cases...  trick is to catch it in time. Gentle I urge you all to get blood work every year and check PSA levels

Very Very true.  Get that blood work done,  I have been diagnosed with it early on.  On a monitor and test regimen at this point, numbers are remaining level so far.  (4 years)  Thankful. 

• Heart 7

Pullstart

Congrats on your deal, and that they are holding until tomorrow!  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1