TonyToro

Ok so life and fixing other tractors got in the way of project MaTeR BUT today was a rainy day and we @TonyToro Jr. said let’s work on MaTeR! So we messed with it some and found a few issues with the carburetor but a big issue was the coil. Looks like the mice liked the taste of coil wire. We ran up to a friends small engine repair shop and grabbed a good used coil. MaTeR lives! I drove it for about 30 minutes today. I was really trying to warm it up to change all the fluids but my helper ran off riding dirt bikes and then that turned into a recovery issue but that’s another story.😂

I’ll get the fluids changed tomorrow and then weld up the front rack. I’m still figuring out what the rear boom should look like. Any suggestions are appreciated.

3D1750CF-50C2-46AB-BC31-E309D0DB8DCC.jpeg

• Excellent 3

wallfish
9 hours ago, TonyToro said:

I’m still figuring out what the rear boom should look like. Any suggestions are appreciated.

How about something like this for a start? The bones are already there so maybe modify it a little so it folds up when not in use or just as is?   Plenty of images of them online.

Ultra-Tow Pickup Truck Crane with Hand Winch - 1000-Lb. Capacity

https://www.harborfreight.com/12-ton-capacity-pickup-truck-bed-crane-with-hand-winch-61522.html

• Like 2

kpinnc
17 hours ago, TonyToro said:

MaTeR lives!

I didn't use the one with a winch, but the boom and hitch combo that Don (Lee1977) came up with is a handy addition!

The second pic is Don's tractor.

IMG_20230423_232940468.jpg

SAM-1476-3.jpg

• Excellent 1

Lee1977

T saw one on a post here don't know who's it was. It was posted at an odd place and was never moved where most would see it

Edited by Lee1977
  • Like 1

TonyToro
15 hours ago, wallfish said:

How about something like this for a start? The bones are already there so maybe modify it a little so it folds up when not in use or just as is?   Plenty of images of them online.

Ultra-Tow Pickup Truck Crane with Hand Winch - 1000-Lb. Capacity

https://www.harborfreight.com/12-ton-capacity-pickup-truck-bed-crane-with-hand-winch-61522.html

I like it. I also like the hand crank..I’m trying to keep this machine simple. It has a pull start so I don’t have to worry about another battery.

TonyToro
7 hours ago, kpinnc said:

I didn't use the one with a winch, but the boom and hitch combo that Don (Lee1977) came up with is a handy addition!

The second pic is Don's tractor.

IMG_20230423_232940468.jpg

SAM-1476-3.jpg

Very cool! I like this too! 

kpinnc
1 hour ago, ineedanother said:

I might have to give this a go myself. I have to swap out a couple K341s and I hate moving them by hand :sleeping-drool:

That was my intention as well.

Keep an eye out for sales. Those often go for under $100. 

• Like 2