Sign in to follow this  
hounddoghundzsa

Wifey swears she saw it at the show!

hounddoghundzsa

I bought an Rj last summer for my son that I had planned on restoring with him. The trouble is his feet don't exactly reach the pedals. She says she saw some "hand shifter thingy" on a couple of tractors that were being driven around by the little ones. If so, does anyone know if it'll work on an RJ? Other suggestions??

Roundhoods Rule

It was probably a RJ25 or RJ35 I believe that's how the speed control works on them. Also a gear reduction kit for the RJ58 and 59 had a handle like this also if i'm not mistaken.

hounddoghundzsa

Does anyone have pics of this setup?

buckrancher

What I saw was a bar hooked between the lift handle and the clutch brake

pedal so if you pulled the handle back( lift the deck) it would stop the tractor and lock in the stopped position until the plunger was pushed down and the handle

moved froward (lower the deck) the tractor was still in gear all the time that

way you could start and stop the tractor with out reaching the pedals

:thumbs2:

oldandred

the tractor youre talking about was a lawn ranger with a red headed small girl driving it around I talked to her and her dad and granpa even helped her buy a tractor to rebuild for twenty five dollars that had 150.00 on it frokm bill from Maine and he came down with maine dad they camped next to Buzz and I only thing I didnt get there names Im really bad at that she wanted to drive little stinker but her feet wouldnt reach the clutch and on it thats bad it not going to stop.

mulefarmer25

I have a 702 That I bought my little boy and he has the same problem do they make these extentisons for more than one model

thanks

hounddoghundzsa

Finally working on this RJ - Getting it ready for the fair. Does any one have a pic of this set up? Also, does someone have a measurement for the bar that goes to the brake band. Mine was missing..........

rmaynard

Here is what you are looking for. This picture is taken from the home page of the new Wheel Horse Collectors Club web site.

5f018964.jpg

The picture is a little small, but you can enlarge the image to see that the lift handle is attached to the brake.

f39d3aa1.jpg

Bob

Buzz

For safetys sake put wheelie bars on his RJ. It's easy enough to pop wheelies accidentally with experienced riders driving them :) , I'd hate to see him get injured.

hounddoghundzsa

For safetys sake put wheelie bars on his RJ. It's easy enough to pop wheelies accidentally with experienced riders driving them :) , I'd hate to see him get injured.

Thanks, buzz - I haven't got it put all the way back together yet. Also, I've never drove one either. Thanks !

hounddoghundzsa

rmaynard, It was simaler to the lawn ranger, but on an RJ. :)

linen beige

:):USA::wh: Buzz! These are easy enough to wheelie when restored to original specs. Since most folks don't bother to load the front wheels with weight when restoring one they are even easier to flip.

My kids LOVE riding Daddy's tractors, but they will NOT be allowed to drive one until they are plenty big enough to work ALL the factory controls, including the brake.

VinsRJ

Accidental wheelies and sometimes out of control steering is what makes a RJ fun :) Brings a nice "edge" to the ride.

Be safe!