ClassicTractorProfessor

Found yet another...I may need to seek help

Skwerl58

Those are great looking tractors! To me that is true vintage America ! I hope you can get it and have it up and running again soon. 

• Like 2

oliver2-44

Yep, I couldn’t pass that one up either. 

• Like 2

WHX??

More :text-coolphotos: when you get it home! 

• Like 2

Handy Don
45 minutes ago, ClassicTractorProfessor said:

Yeah I might have an addiction and need to seek help

Even if you pass it on to someone who'll give it the care it needs, it's a good deed.

• Like 3

Jeff-C175
1 hour ago, ClassicTractorProfessor said:

need to seek help

I'll help you!   I'll take it off your hands, no problem!  That should be a big help, no?

Looks like there might be quite a bit of nice lumber in that barn also.  Folks make mucho bucks recycling that stuff.  All you need is a metal detector and a good planer.

• Like 3

ebinmaine

🚜

👍

😀

• Like 1

JoeM
2 hours ago, ClassicTractorProfessor said:

Curiosity got the best of me, and upon closer inspection

Right there is when things go down hill for me!

Absolute treasure.....even at 800

Maybe you can work at lumber yard part time in the evening. Might save you a bunch of cash! 

My luck my wife would be my boss! :eusa-think:

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

ClassicTractorProfessor

Hopefully we can get it bought, had to work a bit late tonight, so didn't get to go back by there, maybe tomorrow evening I'll be able to.

12 hours ago, Pullstart said:

Saving fuel driving one vehicle, but wasting time driving around for two hours.  Perfect!  :handgestures-thumbupright:

Yeah I know it sounds strange, but believe it or not it probably still saves us money. Between only having the 74 GMC camper that gets about 5 MPG for our only other vehicle, and the cost of clutches in the 81 every time she burns one up :ROTF:

10 hours ago, JoeM said:

Right there is when things go down hill for me!

Absolute treasure.....even at 800

Maybe you can work at lumber yard part time in the evening. Might save you a bunch of cash! 

My luck my wife would be my boss! :eusa-think:

If she was my boss I could probably handle that, I mean I've gotten pretty good at taking orders from her the past couple years :lol: but I really don't think I would make it more than a day working for her boss. I don't much care for the way he does business, and if I know me well enough I'd open my mouth and tell him what I really think of him and his way of doing business, and that would be the end of that. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

T-Mo

Nice find.  I love those old two cylinder John Deeres...and to find a '29 GP in that good of a shape.  Excellent.

• Like 2

wh500special

The original 3-row tractor.

Buy that sucker and haul it up here for trading.  I’ll send you home with a trailer of red stuff.  😀 

I had a ‘41 B that was stuck when I bought it.  We pulled it around a little bit and it popped free and started right up.  I’ve heard a ton of similar stories about other 2 cylinders getting stuck and freeing up pretty easy.  Hopefully you get lucky. 

No sleeves in those engines by the way.  

love it. 

Steve. 

ClassicTractorProfessor

Not sure this one is gonna work out yet, I'm still working on the guy but he's getting funny acting on the price. Even though I threw him a lower offer, I was more than willing to pay him his full asking price. But he keeps backing away and acting like his original price may be too low, which it probably was, but he keeps hinting that its gonna take a lot more than 800 to buy this tractor. So I'm gonna give it a few days and go back again to try and work a deal with him, but at this point it doesn't appear to be likely. Oh well can't win them all, and I've still got another deal in the works for a NICE 1944 JD A and a JD 60 to satisfy my old iron addiction

• Sad 1

Handy Don
12 hours ago, ClassicTractorProfessor said:

Oh well can't win them all

If your deal doesn't work out, you can always mention it to a kindred spirit who may think it's worth more (and have the budget to match). NOT ME, just sayin'.

• Like 1