Sign in to follow this  
REDMRED

tec lauson carb rebuilt

REDMRED

I have a wh 550 ready to be restored. lauson h55b 1170 good compression n spark, I was looking for carb kit so i could rebuild it. Any info would help. Also head gasket where could i find one . thank i will post pick start to finish.

Gene_S

Hi and :thumbs2: both of the parts you are looking for are availible from a lawn and garden shop that sell Tecumseh parts. I just recently rebuilt my wifes HH60 Tecumseh and they had them in stock. And I'm sure there being sold on eBay also. Hope that helps.

evanloock

I believe you are going to have a hard time finding parts for the updraft Tillotson carb used on the 550's H55B. Last time I looked they were no longer available from either Tecumseh or Tillotson. I am going to do a new search and see if I can find a source. You can try posting on some of the antique engine sites, they may know of a source or a sufficient cross match.

Suburban550 may have an idea where to find these parts. He is currently at the show and may chime in upon his return.

Gene_S

Sorry Redmred I didn't relize the 5-1/2 had an updraft carb. :thumbs2: I had a 551 for about six months or so and could not find a 5-1/2 motor and then sold the tractor. Guess I should know what I'm talking about before I open my mouth... :thumbs:

REDMRED

:thumbs2:

Thanks for any info , It took me 2 years to find correct engine for tractor. I took carb apart and foud it to be very clean inside. Compression is fine as is the spark. During the long wait for motor , i picked up decals for hood, pully covers, exhaust sheild. things i need are starter, new belts, correct paint . Would like to get engine running before taking tractor apart for prime paint. thank to all for any info.

evanloock

The updraft was unique to the 550's H55B 1170 due to the limited clearance between the motor and the sheet metal hood stand. The 551's H55D 2113 had the conventional carb with the angle iron hood stand that curved around the air filter. I have one of the updrafts out in the shed needing a rebuild. I'll go look but if memory serves it is an E-series carb.