BIGMIKE

Idler Pulley

BIGMIKE

I discovered why I shredded/burned my snowthrower drive belt. The flat idler pulley bearing disintegrated. I did some research and I think I have found the pulley that I need but wanted to check here. With help last year I identified the snow thrower as a 42ST01. The pulley I think I need is 6719 Idler Pulley. 

BIGMIKE

Idler pulley toasted bearing..jpg

peter lena

@BIGMIKE  have a local bearing distributor near by ?  take yours over and match one up . they have wall boards loaded with , pulleys , bearings , shims , etc . pete

roadapples

Check with Wheel Horse Parts and More in our vendors section ....

• Like 2

BIGMIKE

Thank you all. I will check the local bearing guys. New pulleys are not that expensive may just go that route. 

BIGMIKE

BIGMIKE

I bought 2 new pulleys from partstree.com and installed them. The Vee pulley bearing had seen better days too so I replaced both. Perfect fit and I am back at it blowing snow. 

One additional question. What is the correct cable for the snow thrower chute rotation? My cable is about shot.

BIGMIKE

According to the Thrower DNA this is a 1975 to 1979 most likely. Since the Thrower and Tractor are different years which belt should I buy?

1990 416-H

1975 model 6-6214 - (First model to include 8-0221 [103552 replaced by 93-1617 and 93-1617-01] side extensions with the front straight return. First model to have a cable spool on chute rotating crank)

1976 model 6-6215 - This one -

1976 model 66-42ST01 - and this one are likely identical. The model number format changed.

1977 model 76-42ST01 - This one

1978 model 86-42ST01 - and this one

1979 model 96-42ST01 - and this one plus 1980 may be all the same. They started using a different model number for each model year.

BeltLift.jpg.6e7c8e330fb014deb7300a2d00f9accd.jpg

Edited by BIGMIKE

kpinnc

They are expensive, but Tractor Supply carries an assortment of idlers if you get in a pinch.

• Like 1

WHX??
2 hours ago, BIGMIKE said:

What is the correct cable for the snow thrower chute rotation?

Lowell has the correct cable Follow the manual for installation. 

https://wheelhorsepartsandmore.com/product/snow-blower-thrower-chute-cable/

Best thing to do is measure your old belt, guessing the numbers are worn off on it. Go to Tractor Supply and buy that size belt and one of one size shorter and longer. See what fits the best and take the other two back. They should have a belt measure tool at TSC. 

Edited by WHX??
  • Like 1

BIGMIKE

Thanks for the link. Ordered.

I have a new 69" belt on it now and it is working fine. I got it from Tractor supply. The old belt burned up when the flat pulley seized. But I knew a 69" was probably the right one from reading here. The new belt is marked 69" x 5/8" but seems wider than the old belt. I have the manual downloaded from here as well. 

BIGMIKE

• Like 1