Dave 1953

WH history request

Dave 1953

My name is Dave and I live Halfway between Hickory & Statesville just off exit 138 on I-40. I'm 68, retired of course. My first WH was a 50, then a D250 ans as of this past weekend the new owner of a GT14 that came with the tiller, plow and disc. Allegedly this tractor has never had a deck on it and was purchased just to work a garden, Of course it has Cat 0 3 pt. hitch and allegedly the only thing that's wrong with it is a hydraulic hose is busted so I could not crank it.I got it from a guy in Lincolnton,NC. I bought a parts manual off eBay but it won't be here for a few days so I don't know the p/n of the bad hose but I doubt if it's still available and will probably will have to be custom made at a local parts dealer that makes hoses. While I have your attention are any new or NOS parts available for it any more like the plastic dash or the plastic plate between your legs ? Also where is the ID tag located so I can determine what year model it is? Thanks for your answers and where in our glorious Tarheel state are you located?

Dave

• Like 4

c-series don

Hang tight the GT 14 experts will be able to help you with all your questions. Between all the great and knowledgeable people here pretty much no questions go unanswered. I’m more of a C-series guy so I’m not much help, but trust me it’s coming!!!

• Like 2

roadapples

:WRS:

• Like 1

rjg854
  • Like 1

Horse Newbie

:text-welcomeconfetti:to :rs:!

8ntruck

There is probably an operator's manual and a parts list for the GT14 in the Wheel Horse Manuals section of the forum.

Several of the vendor's listed in the Vendors section of the forum should be able to help with your needed parts, though a NOS dash plate is a long shot - a good used one is probably a available.

:text-welcomeconfetti: to the forum.  Good luck and have fun with your new toy.

P.S. many of us here are like grade schoolers - we like pretty pictures.  We would love to see some pictures of your machine.

• Like 1

Gregor

Welcome Welcome Welcome to Red  Square. Join for all the info, stay to watch us idiots. BTW  We DO like pics.471521180_Screenshot2021-12-13at17-14-42Fullpagephoto-A-5185pdf.png.19a895227b40d6f516aa32045ea7b73a.pngYou don't mention the year or the serial number of your Gt 14. So I am only guessing here. I assume your hydraulic lift assembly is separate from the tractors main lift cylinder?

If so, This might help, might not.

1200360085_Screenshot2021-12-13at17-15-36A-5340pdf.png.c05a566720cc57f8038e4a4ffee8edb0.png

Page 4, this manual

• Like 1

953 nut
2 hours ago, Dave 1953 said:

plastic dash or the plastic plate between your legs

Thanks for the great introduction. Lowell at https://wheelhorsepartsandmore.com/ can probably fix you up with the dash and shift plates, they are not shown on his website yet but he might have a set in stock. Give him a call. He has taken up the manufacture of parts made by a former vendor (Glen Pettit) who made these as well as the steering wheel center cap.

Lowell can also fix you up with the hoses you need, top quality hoses and the correct fittings. 

https://wheelhorsepartsandmore.com/product/101420-101425-pump-8676-101426-cylinder-replacement-hydraulic-hoses-4-for-gt-14-wheel-horse/

You will find the model number plate on the right side of the steering wheel/dash tower.

Edited by 953 nut
  • Like 1

953 nut
3 hours ago, Dave 1953 said:

where in our glorious Tarheel state are you located?

I am in Franklin NC in the Smoky Mountains, about 20 miles north of the GA state line and 60 miles east of the TN state line. 

• Like 1

jay bee

:text-welcomewave: to :rs:

• Like 1

oliver2-44

:text-welcomeconfetti:

16 hours ago, Dave 1953 said:

My first WH was a 50, 

When you say you had a "50"  would that be a 1950 Wheelhorse Senior? RSS83? Do you still have it. :wwp:

• Like 1

kpinnc
On 12/13/2021 at 4:14 PM, Dave 1953 said:

where in our glorious Tarheel state are you located?

Hey Dave! I'm in Richfield, about 40 miles NE of Charlotte. There are several members scattered over this area. Welcome to the forum!

Kevin

• Like 1

SylvanLakeWH

:text-welcomeconfetti:

Horse Newbie

@Dave 1953  where did you go ?

rjg854

:WRS: