ohiofarmer

Inspection camera

ohiofarmer

I thought I had a water leak ffrom hydronic heating underneath the house, It was a tight fit getting down there thirty years ago and somehow it is tighter now. With five possible leak points, just an impossible job.  So a buddy has Amazon Prime and I got one two days later.  Fifty bucks or so, and it has a very long cable that is a quarter inch in diameter

https://www.harborfreight.com/automotive/diagnostic-testing-scanning/inspection-cameras/39-in-x-55mm-inspection-camera-cable-64125.html

If you open this link , you will find a similar cable for more money than I paid for the camera package.,which includes a cable that attaches to my cell phone, and a monitor that has very nice image quality.  I may or may not use the cell phone cable, but it would be useful to capture and send an image to another person.Also, the camera has an attachment mirror that bends the image ninety degrees. All this means you can look inside an engine through a spark plug hole. It has a magnet on the end if you need to retrieve a screw. Just wow!

I could have paid for this camera on one job on the truck replacing a throttle position sensor. Some jobs you just cannot find the part you need to get off or you have to feel your way in.  Even on the top or side of an engine I am seeing applications to make my life easier. Looking inside attic spaces by drilling a quarter inch hole and so much more.  It is even possible to videotape things. These cameras have come a very long way from the last time i used one.

It turns out that the leak on the hydronic system was found without the camera, but I am glad I have it anyway. No direct link to my exact camera, but just use the search terms "inspection camera" and there are similar ones on there.  Of course, you cannot access the Wheel Horse piston bore with these from the spark plug hole, but you already knew this.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/254512575711?hash=item3b4221b4df:g:bp4AAOSwAepeRwJP

This one is similar to mine at a better price.

Edited by ohiofarmer
  • Excellent 2

bc.gold
4 hours ago, ohiofarmer said:

I thought I had a water leak ffrom hydronic heating underneath the house, It was a tight fit getting down there thirty years ago and somehow it is tighter now. With five possible leak points, just an impossible job.  So a buddy has Amazon Prime and I got one two days later.  Fifty bucks or so, and it has a very long cable that is a quarter inch in diameter

https://www.harborfreight.com/automotive/diagnostic-testing-scanning/inspection-cameras/39-in-x-55mm-inspection-camera-cable-64125.html

If you open this link , you will find a similar cable for more money than I paid for the camera package.,which includes a cable that attaches to my cell phone, and a monitor that has very nice image quality.  I may or may not use the cell phone cable, but it would be useful to capture and send an image to another person.Also, the camera has an attachment mirror that bends the image ninety degrees. All this means you can look inside an engine through a spark plug hole. It has a magnet on the end if you need to retrieve a screw. Just wow!

I could have paid for this camera on one job on the truck replacing a throttle position sensor. Some jobs you just cannot find the part you need to get off or you have to feel your way in.  Even on the top or side of an engine I am seeing applications to make my life easier. Looking inside attic spaces by drilling a quarter inch hole and so much more.  It is even possible to videotape things. These cameras have come a very long way from the last time i used one.

It turns out that the leak on the hydronic system was found without the camera, but I am glad I have it anyway. No direct link to my exact camera, but just use the search terms "inspection camera" and there are similar ones on there.  Of course, you cannot access the Wheel Horse piston bore with these from the spark plug hole, but you already knew this.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/254512575711?hash=item3b4221b4df:g:bp4AAOSwAepeRwJP

This one is similar to mine at a better price.

bc.gold

A thermal imaging camera will locate water leaks inside walls and even under a concrete slab.

These cameras are expensive, any decent home inspection company will own one.

squonk

I bought one of these Snap On camera's used for $150. Already paid for itself. twice! 

True Digital Video Inspection Scope | BK5600DUAL55 | Snap-on Store

oliver2-44

I have one that connects directly to my cell phone.  It's been very useful