jeremi3210

Who's all ready for the snow???

Horse Newbie
1 hour ago, ebinmaine said:

Saw it today so I wanted to share it with you folks...

FWD. 

Not sure if or how they're tied in with the other types of trucks. That's the one I was trying to think of that day. 

What are you talking about ?… I scrolled all the way to the top of this page and can’t find what you are referring to…

Curiosity kills this cat …

• Haha 1

ebinmaine
3 minutes ago, Horse Newbie said:

What are you talking about ?… I scrolled all the way to the top of this page and can’t find what you are referring to…

What do you want from me? ALL the information?

:ROTF:

HUGE V plows....

Sometimes I forget most of us can't read minds. 

• Haha 3

Snoopy11
6 minutes ago, Horse Newbie said:

I thought... EXACTLY the same thing, Mr. Newbie.

2 cats down...

:laughing-rolling:

Don

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Horse Newbie

Found it… page  6 of this thread, post # 138

• Thanks 1

Snoopy11
Just now, Horse Newbie said:

Found it… page  6 of this thread, post # 138

Oh come now Eric, you know my attention span is not that far...

Don

• Haha 2

Ifixoldjunk

E300BCAA-DB6A-49C0-842A-D5B357501917.jpeg.f76ed5212bd6e35d08b4f32fe0d0d31d.jpeg

I’ve been ready for a few weeks now. New York is just teasing me with this 50 degree weather at this point. 😅

CB880D38-40BA-4D52-8C21-53916DBF814C.jpeg.4b23e76824f7dcbc012b3c34b2b5680d.jpeg

I’d say this winter however the 310 is a little more prepared for my marshy gravel driveway. More aggressive tires and chains and a homemade bagger mount weight conversion. I believe I have close to 150lbs of weight on the rear of the machine now.

my bolens is about the same as last year. Same 80lb lead wheel weights. I’d love to try them on the 310 but once they’re on a tractor I really don’t wanna wrestle with them again😅

Edited by Ifixoldjunk
  • Like 1
  • Excellent 4

Sodaking27
2 hours ago, ebinmaine said:

What do you want from me? ALL the information?

:ROTF:

HUGE V plows....

Sometimes I forget most of us can't read minds. 

Ok had me scratching my head too :confusion-shrug:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Snoopy11
4 minutes ago, Sodaking27 said:

Ok had me scratching my head too :confusion-shrug:

3 cats down...

Don

• Haha 1

ohiofarmer

I saw a video the other day of a guy who has a huge internet following and was using a newer Cat  tracked skid steer complete with snowblower.  Somehow in his years of ownership he had never figured out that the snow blower required the machine to shift to high flow option on the hydraulic pump and much drama ensued getting it all set up. He was clearly frustrated that he owned this snow blower attachment for some time and finally came to realize that it constantly plugged up because the high flow hydraulics had never been set up with a missing part that it took to activate them.

You tube money must be crazy at his level, because he is using 60 grand worth of equipment to just take care of snow around his house.  That might be fine for him, but a little too rich for my blood. Then I think of what we do as a group of people enjoying our old iron and enjoying our seat time in whatever manner we can muster with whatever tractors we happen to own. Beside that there is seat time and shared experience with all the others on this forum.

I did a bit of remodeling to the snow blower. I put some wheels where the skid plates mount so the gravel will hopefully stay in place. The idle circuit on the Tecumseh is still plugged in that the engine hunts at anything less than full throttle.

• Like 2

Handy Don
9 hours ago, ohiofarmer said:

The idle circuit on the Tecumseh is still plugged in that the engine hunts at anything less than full throttle

Something posted here caused me to look over my Tecumseh's throttle/governor linkages for play and I did find some. Some members have put a very light spring in place to "snug up" the linkage--I used a rubber band as a temporary experiment and it has helped smooth the low and mid-range hunting so I'll likely get a spring the next time I'm in there (this is after I used the technical manual to correct the misaligned governor arm--another significant source of hunting).

Also, I've noticed that the three Ts I care for are all a bit worn in the throttle shaft holes (top and bottom) and when I spray a bit of carb cleaner there the RPM changes so air in that being pulled in there is definitely somewhat affecting the operation.

• Like 1

Southern_Secret
11 hours ago, ohiofarmer said:

I saw a video the other day of a guy who has a huge internet following and was using a newer Cat  tracked skid steer complete with snowblower.  Somehow in his years of ownership he had never figured out that the snow blower required the machine to shift to high flow option on the hydraulic pump and much drama ensued getting it all set up. He was clearly frustrated that he owned this snow blower attachment for some time and finally came to realize that it constantly plugged up because the high flow hydraulics had never been set up with a missing part that it took to activate them.

You tube money must be crazy at his level, because he is using 60 grand worth of equipment to just take care of snow around his house.  That might be fine for him, but a little too rich for my blood.

@ohiofarmer this guy you are talking about has completely abandoned his reason for starting a youtube channel, and I have lost all respect for him!!

• Like 1

ohiofarmer
4 hours ago, Handy Don said:

Something posted here caused me to look over my Tecumseh's throttle/governor linkages for play and I did find some. Some members have put a very light spring in place to "snug up" the linkage--I used a rubber band as a temporary experiment and it has helped smooth the low and mid-range hunting so I'll likely get a spring the next time I'm in there (this is after I used the technical manual to correct the misaligned governor arm--another significant source of hunting).

Also, I've noticed that the three Ts I care for are all a bit worn in the throttle shaft holes (top and bottom) and when I spray a bit of carb cleaner there the RPM changes so air in that being pulled in there is definitely somewhat affecting the operation.

Well, there can be no wear on this machine. A scrapper guy's dad rescued it from the heap and it was a no start. My phone camera is not a thing I can use to upload pictures, and the camera I usually use is MIA.   The paint is near perfect and the machine is from the eighties. A 24 inch 8524 Ahrends.   The paint is perfect with zero missing from the feed screws or impeller. Only a slight bit chipped from the chute. I cleaned it up and waxed it.   I felt guilty that someone would just give something like that to me, so i gave him a car that was no good, maybe 250.00 at the time he took it for scrap.

Everything looked perfect, but i noticed the spark plug had a bridge of carbon across the electrode, a sure sign of running rich. Since the scrapper picked it up from a dealer trade in, I am pretty sure that this machine might be a better unit than the ones built today, so give her the heave ho. Plus, if a neighbor was out in the area bragging about his great find and the guy who traded it in found out about it , there could be a case of sellers resentment.... The machine is 100% metal except for a few trim bits around the transmission belts

I think the 8524 is a 8.5 HPx 24 inch two stage. It does not have electric start, but who cares. We get some big drifts right in front of the garage door to the barn and all I need it for is to cut a slot in the drift to slice pieces off with the plow.Maybe use it a half hour a year or maybe none  The one posted below is just like mine, except the paint on mine may be a bit more shiny....and no rust at all no missing paint except the inside of the eject chute ...no kiddin

Edited by ohiofarmer
  • Like 2

ohiofarmer

lq2dpsxzwqxwtfrgnczi.jpg

Edited by ohiofarmer
  • Like 3

dola12

Be more ready if my loader bucket was finished … haven’t had free time to finish it

FC31AB14-A4E4-4032-9199-58EB1739AF4E.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Excellent 1
  • Thanks 1

Shynon

Sold the 520 and replaced it with this.

received_608993033547521.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Horse Newbie
6 minutes ago, Shynon said:

Where’s the seat ?

• Haha 3

Shynon
4 minutes ago, Horse Newbie said:

Where’s the seat ?

No seat, bought for sidewalk cleaning,  hence no shovel. Have a 522XI I need to get ready.

20211114_114821.jpg

20211217_153126.jpg

• Like 2
  • Excellent 4

WHX??

Why don't  we just quit screwin around Tom ... you sell me the XI package, I'll get @Achto to rig up a sulky & drive train for the behind, throw a square pan on it and call it a day! :laughing-rolling:

Edited by WHX??
  • Haha 5

ebinmaine
1 minute ago, WHX?? said:

Why don't  we just quit screwin around Tom ... you sell me the XI package, I'll get @Achto to rig up a sulky & drive train for the behind, throw a square pan on it and call it a day! :laughing-rolling:

Seems to me like a reasonable offer.  

• Haha 5

Shynon
44 minutes ago, Shynon said:

@WHX?? If you weren't so cheap and hoarding all the horses, you'd buy one of these for the misses, they clean right down to the concrete/blacktop. You may find you'd like it better than your 520's for how nice they will clean up:ychain:

• Like 1

Achto
23 minutes ago, WHX?? said:

I'll get @Achto to rig up a sulky & drive train for the behind, throw a square pan on it and call it a day!

Kinda like a Lawn Boy Loafer? :D

a7c35be37faae32d125c89c3b5d38bbb--antique-tractors-vintage-tractors.jpg.6ee5d0a8f57543b5baa270e3281f522d.jpg

• Excellent 2
  • Haha 2
  • Heart 1

WHX??

That's what I'm talkin Dan.... course the sumbitch  would get picky on us and demand a heated cab! 

11 minutes ago, Shynon said:

hoarding all the horses, you'd buy one of these for the misses

Gotta at least try and keep all the horses here.... 'sides she still looks & works better with a shovel & when the behind breaks down she ain't gonna fix it! 

MTC_0068 (0).JPG

• Haha 5

Achto
1 hour ago, WHX?? said:

works better with a shovel

I tried to turn my dishwasher into snow blower.... When I handed her the shovel, she hit me in the head with it. :ROTF:

• Haha 7

ebinmaine
1 hour ago, Achto said:

I tried to turn my dishwasher into snow blower.... When I handed her the shovel, she hit me in the head with it. :ROTF:

On the plus side you got a nice unplanned nap.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 3