jeremi3210

Who's all ready for the snow???

ebinmaine
1 minute ago, Jeff-C175 said:

Wonder why?

Probably aliens. Or birds. Both are well known for disabling street lights.   

So I've heard.   

• Haha 3

Handy Don

Birds, aliens, paranormal phenomenon? :)

I grew up rural but my line of work made living in the suburbs much more sensible so here I am. (Side note: over the last few years it has become possible to work "remote" a lot more, however former colleagues tell me the work product and productivity are both suffering from the loss of valuable hallway, break room, and "lets do lunch" interactions.)

I fully accept that the sidewalk, streetlight, street paving, policing, garbage/recycling, leaf pickup, property appearance, zoning, and power equipment noise debates (as well as real estate taxes) between rural and suburb are on two entirely different planes--and that this is as it must be given the different densities of the populations.

• Like 3

SylvanLakeWH
45 minutes ago, Jeff-C175 said:

Don't care for 'em here either but there is one ancient one about 500' up the road in front of the neighbor's house.

Somehow it never stays lit after they come and replace the bulb for more than a few days.  Wonder why?

image.png.8eed5b07b004fd959160a6fefb0a0f9a.png

Careful…

image.jpeg.3fb7c09e6a25c5ce73fb32867c77d8ac.jpeg

• Haha 3

kpinnc
50 minutes ago, Jeff-C175 said:

Somehow it never stays lit after they come and replace the bulb for more than a few days.  Wonder why?

Dang woodpeckers!

• Haha 2

Lee1977
On 1/18/2022 at 12:42 PM, SylvanLakeWH said:

Weather forecaster job is the best job in the world… get paid weather (pun intended) you are right or wrong… :party:

The best part of weather forecasting Is that you don't have to go back and fix anything. 

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

sparkie333
On 1/17/2022 at 5:05 PM, squonk said:

Son's car in BuffaloIMG_20220117_155816.png.384b218bb2283d08e99a214dfe6f291a.png

Oh--If I forgot to say it---You guys know that you can keep all that snow up there---Only good thing would B the seat time---i just don't need the snow.

• Haha 1

sparkie333
On 1/18/2022 at 11:43 AM, ebinmaine said:

Our growing season here in Maine when we have a very very low chance of getting Frost overnight is basically from June 1st until September 1st.

I can't remember ever getting a plowable snow May or September.

We do occasionally get a plowable snow in either April or October.

November and December could go either way but lately there hasn't been much.

Up in the White mountains of Maine it's quite common for them to get winter weather starting about September 1st and not ending until the following mid-May. 9 months of possibilities there.

Mount Washington in New Hampshire. Literally all year. They even get snow on the peak in midsummer. Not every year though.

Part of my intention with buying the C-160 Automatic this past fall is to keep the big plow on it year round. Snow or dirt work will be its dedicated task.

Great pick of that C160 automatic---Great work horse.

• Like 2

ohiofarmer

I finally got to work out the Predator 14/520H.   We had a strong North wind that dumped every flake from the roofs right in front of the garage doors.  With most of the driveway close to the road cleared from the wind, I went to work The learning curve was how far to push a single scoop to its final resting place. What worked for me was leavinf some snow piled up and cutting a lane through it. It saved a ton of time moving the stuff away from the doors into piles and then carving the edges off the piles into the previously cut lanes. The lanes kept it from edging off the plow as I just kept the plow aimed straight. I couldn"t lock the plow at an angle anyway with the swept axle.

In the end the driveway is perfect and a bunch of snow was moved from fifty to a hundred feet in a fun and effecient manner to storage pilesand ready for another big storm

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

Dstegjas

This is the first year with a plow on it and it’s done pretty good. That is until this last time, we had about an inch of ice then three or four inches of snow on top of it. That was a little rough. It’s sitting in the garage waiting for the next time it’s needed. 

Jim

89D7EDF4-3B68-4C72-8E30-550D2FA67FD6.jpeg

Edited by Dstegjas
  • Like 4

ebinmaine
6 hours ago, Dstegjas said:

this last time, we had about an inch of ice then three or four inches of snow on top of it. That was a little rough

Similar situation here. 

The more weight you can find and install, the better.  

• Like 1

slim67
1 hour ago, ebinmaine said:

Similar situation here. 

The more weight you can find and install, the better.  

Does that include the operator?:)

• Haha 2

ebinmaine
1 minute ago, slim67 said:

Does that include the operator?:)

Absolutely positively. 

🐻 :occasion-snowman:

• Haha 1

Pullstart

I’m ready now!

• Like 3
  • Excellent 1