6wheeler

Another auction jewel.

6wheeler

Here she is folks. It was at a consignment auction I went to 2 weeks ago. The sticker said. "Needs motor". I thought. I have a motor. I had bought 5 engines at another auction. So? $15.00 bucks later? I had myself a 20" Yard Machines tiller. I brought it home and proceeded to mount a 5hp.tecky snow blower engine to it. As luck would have it? The PO had the drive pulley and brackets in a bag with it. So? All bolted up? I proceeded to fire up my awesome tiller😁😁😁. How could I have known what would happen😢😢😢😢. I put her in gear. All ready to see the awesomeness. It drove... The tines turned just like the should. Plenty of power.😚😍. Then? I put her in the ground......... Well? The tines turned great. But? Houston? We have a problem. No drive😳. So? Because I am a genius? I determined the problem was the belt.. So? I re-aligned and adjusted it. Nope.. That ain't it. Hey genius? The tines are turning...... How could it be the belt? So? After the usual. Why do I buy this junk? I decided to split the case and have a look around 😒😒. There it was.. In all its glory. Looky here. The main drive spocket that is welded to the axle? Has a nice looking weld all the way around... Too bad it didn't weld to the axle. Yep. One little spot stuck. It drove until that let go 😳😳. I re-welded it. Now? She is awesome 😜😜😜😜😜

20211107_135013.jpg

20211107_135024.jpg

20211107_134958.jpg

• Like 6

ebinmaine

Good find! And nice repair work ..