Sign in to follow this  
grimmnar

Hello All !

grimmnar

New Owner and Member here !

I got some bad news regarding my past mower earlier this week, and after a call, drove to MI yesterday and picked up my 'new' mower. A friend of my Dads, GAVE him a 310-8 some time back this year.

Having not heard of the brand before, I hit the web after speaking with my Dad earlier this week. After reading up on the site here and speaking with some workers from the local JD dealer, I was pretty excited to see what my Dad had 'laying around' for me. (that's how it was described to me :thumbs2: )

I'll post in the other section some 'arrival' pictures from today. I mowed about 15 minutes after getting back from MI this afternoon and it ran and cut like a champ. (I'm in KY)

Anyways, i'm looking forward to picking your brains in the near future and have really enjoyed reading the board since I joined a couple days back.

TJ

Your bad luck turned into good luck.

The 310-8 is a great tractor. And :thumbs2:

MaineDad

Welcome. Here's a warning - you will want more than one Wheel Horse :thumbs2:

WHC-125

:thumbs2:

d180man

Hi :thumbs2:

Duff

:thumbs:

Glad you found us! Pull up a seat and join in the fun!

Duff :thumbs2:

BadDad

grimmnar :thumbs2: Glad you made it here. The picture of the car is it 1965 or what year & make. I have been looking for a 1965 pontiac catalina. I had one in high school, don't see to many of them. Oh well glad you found us.

grimmnar

Thanks for the hello's !

MaineDad:

Maybe one day... :thumbs:

BadDad:

It's a 65 Tempest, the original owner was literally the little old lady next door to my Dad. It sat in her garage for about 15 years as she got to where she couldnt drive it. It's got a whopping 23Kish miles on it :ROTF:. We got it.. geez.. 15 or 20 years back now I guess.

If you're interested, here's some pics:

1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 other than the FM converter, a coat of paint, and a fist size hole my X brother-in-law put in the inside headliner (NOT shown :thumbs2: ), it's pretty much all original. One day, after I build a shop, I'd like to break it down and back up again. I call it my 'Retirement Project' because in order to do it, I'll have to be retired to put the time into it. :ychain:

TJ

:ychain: "Three on the tree." That car looks fantastic, and brings back memories of a misspent youth. :thumbs2: :thumbs:

HorseFixer

:thumbs: welcome aboard! :thumbs2:

Bill

:thumbs: that 310-8 is a nice tractor, Im in the middle of doing one over now!! :thumbs2:

JimD

:thumbs2: