SybrenV

WH B-165 mower deck

SybrenV

Hi everyone,

First time posting. Since a few weeks I am the proud owner of a wheelhorse B-165 02-16BP04! I am really loving this 2 cilinder machine.

I hope you can help me with following question. The deck is always running quiet low and riding on the 2 left and right adjustable support weels even with the deck control arm in the high position. The guiding cable seems to be replaced not long ago, so this might need some adjustment.

On the height controlarm, there is an extra place to mount a cable(right of the clutch) This does not look original and I cant find it on the original drawings. 

Anyone has some tips for me to get the deck in the right position?

Regards,

Sybren

20211007_171227.jpg

• Like 1

Maxwell-8

@SybrenV

Welkom limburger op Red Square! 

That cable is not original, don't have a ton of experiences with B-series. 

With those 2 side wheels you can adjust the cutting level. But if you want to lift the deck off the ground, you need to use the arm on the right of you picture.

What is that screw in the decklift arm?

Ik zie wel wat lekkage aan de motor, hou dus je motoroliepijl goed in het oog!

Groeten uit Hasselt! 

Edited by Maxwell-8

gwest_ca

I don't understand how this lift works.

Are thee 2 cables?

I see one cable listed as part of the tractor lift.

A second cable on the mower deck.

What deck is it? Side or rear discharge and what is the width of cut?

These are the deck cables

Here is the tractor cable

https://www.partstree.com/models/02-16bp04-b-165-toro-lawn-tractor-1982/attachment-lift-1/

Maxwell-8
19 minutes ago, gwest_ca said:

I don't understand how this lift works.

Are thee 2 cables?

I see one cable listed as part of the tractor lift.

A second cable on the mower deck.

What deck is it? Side or rear discharge and what is the width of cut?

These are the deck cables

Here is the tractor cable

https://www.partstree.com/models/02-16bp04-b-165-toro-lawn-tractor-1982/attachment-lift-1/

Looks like a rear discharge, 

Thanks

If he doesn't get it fixed, he might can come over to my place and I will find a solution. Still have a ton of that kind of cable laying around here on rolls of 50m

Edited by Maxwell-8
  • Like 1

SybrenV

Hi Guys,

Sorry for the late reply, thank you for your answers!

I have come to believe that the cable guide is definitely not original. I think the mower has had an implement of some sorts on the front, who knows :).

The problem with the mowing deck (which is rear discharge) not riding parallel to the ground has probably to do with the front wire holder (see picture).
I think the thick wire pulling(which is new) when the lever is in the up position needs some tightening and i probably need a new roller element... Strange thing is that I cannot find any technical drawings of how the frond end of the deck lowering system works. Probably need an extra look.

@Maxwell-8 Funny that you live in Hasselt, the world is a small place :). I definitely need to do some work to the engine, new oil and a few seals. And a good clean is long overdue!
Where do you buy the replacement parts?

Regards and thanks for the help,

Sybren

Maxwell-8
1 hour ago, SybrenV said:

@Maxwell-8 Funny that you live in Hasselt, the world is a small place :). I definitely need to do some work to the engine, new oil and a few seals. And a good clean is long overdue!
Where do you buy the replacement parts?

Regards and thanks for the help,

Sybren

depends on the parts you need. I go to my local Toro dealer for specific Wheel Horse parts. But those are expensif. For oil, I just go to my local auto-shop You will need SAE 30 engine oil.