Maxwell-8

Air cleaner plate

Maxwell-8

I had a bad carberator on my raider 10 M12. the ethanol had eaten the bowl, the treads for the bowlbolt were bad.

So I found this NOS Walbro carb from a guy, but it's for K301. It works fine, but the choke lever is in the way for the airfilter unit of the M12.

I found a cheap broken KOHLER K181 online, will the airfilter box fit on a K301 carb?

DSC_0507.JPG.8d27a3990a19b7acd1982d4ef39a5f44.JPG

On a K-series, the airfilter housing has an offset, 

On a M-series, the airfilterhousing is resest. Therfore the choke lever can not be moved, if you even can get the airfilter unit on.

DSC_0506.JPG.458551e0af181486e54c7aa19f506785.JPG

• Sad 1

Achto
16 minutes ago, Maxwell-8 said:

I found a cheap broken KOHLER K181 online, will the airfilter box fit on a K301 carb?

The plate on my K181 is smaller and only held on with 2 screws. My big block engines all use 3 screws to hold the backing plate on.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Gregor

A fix?

• Thanks 1

peter lena

@Maxwell-8  most of those plates are close to fitting , look for a related picture , to help you find  your answer, another glairing opportunity for you is to add a ground to one of the rectifier mount bolts , run it down to the front corner of the engine to frame bolt area , use dielectric grease at each contact point , including the slide on electric plug. that was a much improved charging detail for me , clean and sand all contact points , pete