Sign in to follow this  
perry

1277 offer

perry

ok guys, i have been working on this 1277 deal since last summer. he was asking $700 for it with mower deck, homemade center blade, & homemade rear rake. i went and look at it and its in nice shape. has original paint and seat. the only major flaw i saw was the wood grain decal above the muffler area is melted. the tractor hass'nt ran in 3 years. he emailed me today and told me the wife say's it has to go and its at my offer. i just dont know what to offer?. what do you guys think i should offer him ?..... i was thinking around $300

Stigian

As little as you think you can get away with :D :P

CasualObserver

In fairness... the tractor's easily worth $150-200. I'd say the tractor not running tends to push it to the lower of the two, and the homemade grader blade and rear rake can easily be $75-100 each if they were constructed well, so I think anywhere in the $300-350 range would be a good value for both parties. JMHO :D

nylyon

I'd go with $220 and gauge the reaction. I got my 414-8 in a similar way, was asking a lot more, but had to get rid of it. I don't have a big tractor budget and would have walked away if he didn't take it.

kj4kicks

Perry, Terry (vinylguy) has the woodgrain decals, and they are excellent.

$200 - 300 sounds like a good range for the package deal.

TT

Perry,

I wouldn't put a value on it unless I could see it. If you could get it running and try out the transmission, it would be better too. You have the smaller version of this tractor so you know what to look for. You can figure on it needing a battery, fluid changes, and a good fuel system cleaning, which will be around $60 to $70.

I side with Ian..... try to get it as cheap as you can -- and don't give in to the "urge to splurge" right away. Feel this guy out too -- see how much he knows about Wheel Horses and this particular tractor too.

The home made implements are basically worth only what you want to pay for them, so if you have to leave them behind, so be it. :thumbs:

perry

i called the guy tonight on the 1277. its a go :D . ill check over it real good and then make him a offer. the best thing is its only about 5 miles away sitting in a nice warm garage :P:D . i have'nt been able to find any pics online for a 1277. the closest i have come is KJ's 1077 here on this site. i just dont see much stuff on the wood grains.

im exitited, the 877 is gonna get a big brother :thumbs: . i hope the deal go's well tomarrow :thumbs: .

TT

Here's the best I can do for now, Perry....

From the 1967 brochure:

1277bro.jpg

And from the IPL:

1277bw.jpg