ChubbyMinnow

Powder Coating Colors

ChubbyMinnow

I could of swore I saw some recommendations and photos of others who have powder coated rims and even some "red"  peices. Been searching the forums all morning and cant locate them. I just picked up a batch of rims from the powder coat-er and they turned out a bit to white rather than the beige-white or ceame-white the early 60's rims had that I was attempting to get close to. Little hard to match a rim to a 1" square color brochure.

Does someone have a close recommendation of color and mfgr for the red and off white colors used in the early 60's for powder coating? Photos backing up your recommendation would be extremely helpful if available.

Darrenw85

The powder coat place I go to uses prismatic powders

Ral 3003 for the red and Porcelain White for the wheels. I have had silver wheels done too but I don't have the code for the silver, I'll get it and post here later. 

I had an original pan seat that had a seat cover on since new scanned at an auto body paint store to get the color. I also matched powder coat samples to the seat. The paint and powder coat are very close match. 

Enclosed is a picture of the paint code I had mixed. 

Enclosed is a picture of the last tractor I restored. The frame, axle, foot rest, wheels (and other items not seen in photo) are powder coat, the hood and other tins are painted with base coat / clear coat. Also is a close up picture of the belt guards. I don't have any close ups of the powder coat. 

I know everyone has their preferred red and off white paint.  I'm just sharing the colors I use. 

Thanks,

Darren

754.jpg

Belt Guards.jpg

WH Paint Code.jpg

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

ChubbyMinnow

Wow, that thing looks straight as an arrow!. Looks awesome and thank you for the info. Gonna look it up and will try to get a pic of the original rims I have and post those as well. 

Mike'sHorseBarn

I had a picture somewhere of my trailer with one of my restored horses on it so you could see the match. The red is RAL 3001 and I forget what the off white color was.

20210330_182946.jpg

ChubbyMinnow

Here are the rims with the original color on them. On a side note, cant believe how well these are going to clean up on this one. The first picture was in better lighting and better represents the color. The other two are in not so good lighting but against a white sheet of paper. 

The real color is a darker shade than I would have thought. This was the color I was going for on my other rims that I picked up today. 

IMG_2305.jpg

IMG_2309.JPG

IMG_2310.JPG

• Like 1