Sign in to follow this  
kj4kicks

Karl's Old C-120

chamjack

Eldon, mine is reaching the paint stage and I have the Restoration Series System on deck ready to go. Did you use the Restoration Series Primer under your paint on that tractor? I read on some of your previous posts that the stuff takes too long to dry. I am on the fence now about the primer (and I have a gallon of it) after reading some posts on it. Looking at your work, I would like to try to achieve similar results. :thumbs2: If I can get a tenth of that gloss on mine, I will be estatic!

kj4kicks

Use epoxy primer over the bare metal. Then you can take your time and do any bodywork at your leisure. I used to use the resto series primer, but I don't like it at all. Yes, drying time issues.

Be sure to use the hardener with the paint. It cures faster, and provides more long-lasting gloss. Wetsand with 2000 and buff, compound, and finish glaze. Good luck and have fun with it! It's only paint, if you mess up, sand it and try again.

JimD

i gotta say, hat's off to ya eldon. very professional job. a true labor of love! :thumbs2:

rustynut

that bought gave me a heart attack

PPGman

Beautiful job Eldon. Thats a great looking tractor. Love the tires on the rear....makes her look like she has a bit of a "growl" to her! :D

dclarke

WOW, that looks as nice as any i've seen. great job. :D

MikesRJ

Nice! :D

tgranthamfd

You guys still amaze me. Guess it's about time to get back going on some of my projects and hope they turn out half that nice. :D

bowtieguy

E, you do know how to make ole Horses look goooooood.....and I know you would let this ole timer ride it in the parade (remember 08 show?).....but can't make it this year.....sure gonna miss your ICE CREAM party tho!!!!!

But Missouri will be there....say hi to Larry and Judy when you see them....I think they are bringing a whole trailer load of restored WH's

rustynut

i was just looking up post on c-120's and seen this one i just had to say wow. i always look up old post :thumbs:

Roger from southern Iowa

Just as short response from me........... :thumbs:

Hows that for a change?