Moparfanforever

Big Block Kohler into 875 Question

Moparfanforever

I have an 875 roller and a 10 HP Magnum out of a Cub Cadet and was wondering if the Cub oil pan is what is used to put a big block into the early tractors , ala 1045 ?? Do not have any WH oil pan style Kohlers at this time , but thinking it won't fit under the 875 hood.

If the Cub engine is a bolt in , does anyone have a wiring diagram for the Mag engine ?? The wiring would be minimal , just a start/charging circuits .

Thanks !!

Darrell

• Like 1

953 nut

The 875 is a short frame and the same tractor (1075) with a 10 HP Kohler uses what is referred to as a small block. You could raise the hood stand and the dash board to clear the added height of the Magnum.

The wiring will be a rather easy conversion, just follow this basic wiring diagram. It uses a 103-991 ignition switch which is a very common item.

5b202f2559e4b_Mag.ignitiontractor-wiring.jpg.c9ba2b8fc2697f7770291614834b5fd4.jpg

Moparfanforever

Thanks for the diagram, big help !!

The 10HP is considered a big block , not small block ?? I don't really want to raise the hood/dash , is that how WH did it on the 1045 ??

The Cub engine is the narrow/shallow style pan.

Thanks !!!

953 nut
10 minutes ago, Moparfanforever said:

The Cub engine is the narrow/shallow style pan

If your oil pan looks like this one you should be good to go.

post-85-0-91044000-1389550824_thumb.jpg

This is a deep pan on a Cub engine

post-85-0-63601300-1389552029_thumb.jpg

RandyLittrell
4 hours ago, Moparfanforever said:

I have an 875 roller and a 10 HP Magnum out of a Cub Cadet and was wondering if the Cub oil pan is what is used to put a big block into the early tractors , ala 1045 ?? Do not have any WH oil pan style Kohlers at this time , but thinking it won't fit under the 875 hood.

If the Cub engine is a bolt in , does anyone have a wiring diagram for the Mag engine ?? The wiring would be minimal , just a start/charging circuits .

Thanks !!

Darrell

The term is small base and big base block. the height difference is in the pan mainly. Check out this thread for more info. 

Randy

squonk

Yes a 1075 241 is a big block

littleredrider

I'm not sure that pan will work. The deep part of the pan is for the oil slinger, a 1045/1055/1075 pan doesn't have that, it's all flat on the bottom. I have a 606 that I put a 16 horse on it, and fits under the hood, without lifting anything. It's not done yet, but it fits. I used an oil pan off a JD, it's not exactly the same, but it's close. I believe the correct pan is 1.1" tall. Once I get the concrete in my garage, (only been waiting close to a year) gonna start on it again. 

Moparfanforever

The engine I am thinking about using from the Cub has the shallow style pan , not the style pan that has the deep part for the oil slinger.

Sounds like I might be good to go for the swap !!

Thanks !!

Pullstart

If you’ve got a roller, plus an engine, might as well try :handgestures-thumbupright:  I pulled a shaker plate 10hp engine and stuck it on a Charger 12 frame and had to do pretty intensive surgery to the frame and steering shaft to make everything clear.

If you feel like a very intensive read… 

https://www.wheelhorseforum.com/topic/77467-mrs-pullstart/