Andy N.

Trail Cam Vids/Pics

Andy N.

So let me start this with a little back story. I grew up in Upstate NY and my family always had a vegetable garden. During my high school years we had a 1 acre garden that we sold the produce at the local farmer's markets as well as processed for ourselves for winter. One of my many streams of income during my teenage years.

Three years ago I was finally able to buy a house in suburban Chicago that I had space to do a vegetable garden...

One of the staples of my childhood was eating sweet corn during the summer, so of course I wanted to grow it in my current garden. Needless to say, I have had multiple issues over the past 3 years with squirrels devastating my corn. Well after 3 years, I have finally been able to enjoy the fruits of my labor with much labor in downsizing the squirrel population in my area. To date I have bated and dispatched 112 squirrels and have been placing them in the back hedge row for nature to take care of them. I have never had a morning that I didn't go check where I placed them and they were gone. With much curiosity from me, my wife, and friends as to who was partaking in the free meal, I finally put a trail cam in the spot to see what was removing them and this is what it caught. The funny thing is, we haven't seen any of these guys roaming about the neighborhood this year even though we have seen skunks and opossums in years past. 

I know you deer hunters out there put trail cams up to see what's out there prior to deer season, but I'm curious if anyone else had any interesting trail cam videos or pics.

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1
  • Thanks 1

Ed Kennell

Interesting.  Just curious about the squirrel control though.   Here in PeeAaa they are a protected small game animal with seasons and bag limits.   Not sure of Ill. game laws.

I hope these videos don't cause you any problems.

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1

roadapples

I'd much rather have squirrels than coyotes...

• Like 1

Ed Kennell

:text-yeahthat:  Squirrels make much better potpie.

Image result for squirrel pot pie pics

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1

Ed Kennell

Brings up the question.... How many squirrels must a coyote eat to learn to climb trees???    :rolleyes:

• Haha 3