Sign in to follow this  
can whlvr

todays goodies

can whlvr

I watch the local buy and sells,craiglist etc,low and behold there was a 42 inch dozer plow 6-4113 1975 and another guy bought a 1974,5-0621 36 inch grass cutting deck to try and fit it to another machine (dont know what machine)but said it would be to much trouble got it in exellent shape for 40 dollars and the plow for 100 bucks,picked up the plow and the nice gentleman asked if i had heard of red square before,i said yes of coarse,turns out that he is a lurker and gave me a deal,i was wondering if anybody can tell me are the spindles greaseable on the lawn deck it does not look like it.Tuesday i am going to buy a 1975 c 120 auto but it has a chinese 6.5 on it but looks to be complete other than that,so now i have the age appropriate implements,could someone tell me is that a heavy duty sunstrand like the c160 because i can get a 16 hp kohler for it but dont want to overpower the 120,sorry i have no knowledge of wheelhorse hydros but want to try one. :thumbs2:

can whlvr

here are pics 001-4.jpg002-5.jpg

Sparky

Well your deck spindles are non-greasable but hopefully its a quiet deck. The Sundstrand in the C-120 would be the same as a C-160 of the same vintage so the 16HP Kohler wouldnt do it any harm.

Mike......

can whlvr

Thanks sparky,as i said i dont know much about them(hydros)the deck is really quiet and smooth.