Sign in to follow this  
.5racer

Am I missing something

.5racer

A while back I won a seat system that I was told goes on a D series. Looks to be all there , was just wondering where and how the big seat spring goes if and when a PTO shaft gets installed. Is there a plate or bracket that I'm missing. Can't find a stock number to look up like the split brakes. Any help would be nice ,,,Thanks!

ol550

From what I can see the later D-series frames did not have a 'seat' for the older style seats with the coil spring. Look at a parts breakdown of the early frames and there is a mount made in the frame for the spring and the PTO shaft goes thru it. Mike

.5racer

I have the Toro look-up link . What I don't have is a model to an older series to look it up. My model doesn't show it. 71-16OS01

d180man

Hi for a 1974 d is a model 1-0611 if that is what you need? hope this helps :thumbs2:

d180man

Hi ok i see they dont list the seat brake down ! that is dum :thumbs2: we have a d160 but i dont have the model # have to look it up but the # i gave you was for a d180 :thumbs:

.5racer

Thanks d180man ,, that was it . The seats were there all three types. It looks like I have everything for mine. What is missing is the box looking thing on the frame . The frame break down shows one atachted to the from but no listing . So now it looks like I need to make one and install. Anybody got some measurement or would a 3" X 3" square tubing work on side with a retainer on top, or does it need to be taller or bigger ?

d180man

Hi yes i know it is 3" front to back i think you are right about 3x3x3 but if some can help i will have my bro get it's size for you here is some photo of it!

DSCF0238.jpg

DSCF0239.jpg

DSCF0240.jpg

DSCF0241.jpg

hope this helps ! :thumbs: :thumbs2:

.5racer

Thats all I need ,,, Thanks