troutbum70

New worker for the farm

ebinmaine

Niiiiice. 

Looks like decent sized fields. 

How many acres to mow?

peter lena

@troutbum63 ,hard to beat the stronger  hp and gearing , love the pto driven rear mower, makes quick easy work of large , rough areas . hope you do a thorough baseline service and lubrication upgrade, used to run a  J/D  MT tractor. 16 hp do just about anything / easily , pete

troutbum70

We have some where around 45 acres of field we keep mowed down, this little allis has a couple pretty neat features.

• Like 1

troutbum70
5 minutes ago, peter lena said:

@troutbum63 ,hard to beat the stronger  hp and gearing , love the pto driven rear mower, makes quick easy work of large , rough areas . hope you do a thorough baseline service and lubrication upgrade, used to run a  J/D  MT tractor. 16 hp do just about anything / easily , pete

Not really going to require a lot at this time, the previous owner was pretty regular on maintenance.

• Excellent 1

ClassicTractorProfessor

Nice Allis. I have been looking for D15 for some time now. My grandpa had one when I was little, it was the first tractor I ever drove. I don’t really need it, we already have 6 other tractors, but I still want one

troutbum70
1 hour ago, ClassicTractorProfessor said:

Nice Allis. I have been looking for D15 for some time now. My grandpa had one when I was little, it was the first tractor I ever drove. I don’t really need it, we already have 6 other tractors, but I still want one

A D15 is a very nice tractor also, with a little more torque for extra power over the D14. Maybe what your looking for is the diesel version with a lot more torque over the D14. We really did not need another tractor either, but it was close by and new the owner and how it had been treated and we felt the price was right. Also this one has the add on power steering and it is a sweet heart to drive. 

Chris G

I spent alot of time when i was younger working on a farm full of allis chalmers. They had two b models, w-45, D-15, D-17,D-19, and a One-Ninety i believe it was. They also had a little rear engine tractor that i dont recall model of. It had a little center mounted cultivator. But anyways they were great tractors! Great find and congrats!

• Like 1

troutbum70
13 minutes ago, Chris G said:

I spent alot of time when i was younger working on a farm full of allis chalmers. They had two b models, w-45, D-15, D-17,D-19, and a One-Ninety i believe it was. They also had a little rear engine tractor that i dont recall model of. It had a little center mounted cultivator. But anyways they were great tractors! Great find and congrats!

The last tractor you mention would be an allis chalmers G, very cool little tractor.

• Like 1

ebinmaine
6 hours ago, Chris G said:

They also had a little rear engine tractor that i dont recall model of. It had a little center mounted cultivator

6 hours ago, troutbum63 said:

The last tractor you mention would be an allis chalmers G, very cool little tractor.

Agreed.  Not particularly common at least up here in the northeast. 

If I ever become a tractor collector I'd search one of them out. 

• Like 1

troutbum70
3 hours ago, ebinmaine said:

Agreed.  Not particularly common at least up here in the northeast. 

If I ever become a tractor collector I'd search one of them out. 

I am told there are a couple G'S in my area, but have never seen either of them. I believe our local fair starting this week is being based on antique allis chalmers so maybe they will show up there.

• Like 1

ebinmaine
33 minutes ago, troutbum63 said:

never seen

I was lucky enough to see one about a year ago in the basement of a barn here in maine. I had to bring some building materials down there for the homeowner and he had a small collection of interesting tractors. That happened to be one of the ones that had been in his family since new...

troutbum70

I have friend who you could call an allis chalmers guru, he was a wrench turner in a chalmers shop for many years. He travels to a lot of tractor shows particularly chalmer shows, he says he has seen a number of them over the years.

• Like 1