Stubby

312-8 PTO clutch light on

Stubby

I picked up an 312-8 (21-12K805) and the pto clutch light is on even with key off. I took off the switch that the PTO lever makes connection with and it ohms out correctly. I cleaned the bracket and metal to make sure it was making a good ground connection which I dont think the switch needs. When I push the test light, parking break and seat switch light are not lighting up which could even be the bulbs. The seat switch is working, but initially was not hooked up. But the light has been on even with it unhooked. The parking break switch is also hooked up which also ohms out correctly (Ohms when switch not engaged, no ohms when engaged). I am not sure which steps to take next.

gwest_ca

I recall some circuit boards were corroded where they plug into the connector. The copper traces required repair to make them work. May be a good idea to remove the circuit board to inspect and clean. Suspect dust would absorb moisture and do the damage.

Garry

• Like 1

pfrederi

Maybe a better idea to do away with the idiot lights:P

• Like 3

Stubby

Before I totally screw something up, I take it there is a coating over the board. I am assuming that I should pull each wire out of the board on the top? I have cleaned it up better than the pictures.

image0 (3).jpeg

image1 (5).jpeg

image0 (3).jpeg

Edited by Stubby

pfrederi

The circuit board is sealed with something called Conformal Coating.  It can be pealed off but then you have to buy a can of the stuff to reseal it...

• Like 1

Stubby
5 hours ago, pfrederi said:

Maybe a better idea to do away with the idiot lights:P

this sounds much easier. lol Not sure what all is entailed. I am thinking I am going to need the schematic of the circuit board to solder/splice pertinent circuits. Looking that the tractor wiring schematic dont look like I have to do much connecting.

gwest_ca

The corrosion showing on the orange wire may be the problem. That wire applies power to the board when the ignition is on and is not the only power supply.

• Like 1