Moonshine*Connoisseur

Attach a matic system swap onto older style tractor

Moonshine*Connoisseur

Easy swap or some modifications needed ? I see some holes are already drilled to accommodate the attach a matic brackets. Also the lower hood bracket needs notched a bit for the mule drive. 

WHX??

How old a tractor we takin here 'Shine?  Ya been done plenty o times. The older tractors did have an attach system sans the new fangled mule drive. 

Moonshine*Connoisseur

1968 Raider 12 .   Deck from 312-8. 

Ed Kennell

Is this deck from the 312 a 42"SD?     I think the existing mid mount on the raider may work if the deck clears the rear wheels. You may just need the front mule drive.   I have the old style

front mule that bolts to the existing holes in the frame.    Or I have the modern front mule drives, but am not sure I have the brackets to mount the mule on a Raider. 

BTW, I feel the Raider style PTO is the best design WH made.   It's too bad they used that cast iron swing arm that is subject to breaking.  If you are interested in any of my parts, send me a PM.

• Like 1

daveoman1966

This is my woprk-up of a .pdf file to make the Tach-o-Matic up-grade.  Easy to do...

ADAPT (14).JPG

MULE DRIVE UPGRADE DETAIL.pdf

• Like 1

Moonshine*Connoisseur

It is a 42 rear discharge deck. From what I see here the only part I may need is the rod that hooks to the deck from the lift lever. 

Ed Kennell
1 hour ago, Moonshine*Connoisseur said:

It is a 42 rear discharge deck. From what I see here the only part I may need is the rod that hooks to the deck from the lift lever. 

Im not sure the 42"RD will clear the rear wheels with the old Raider mid mount.  May be Dave can confirm this.  If it clears, then all you need is the front attach-a-matic bracket and the mule drive.  If it does not clear, then you will have to change out the mid mount  or move it forward on the frame.The lift can be connected by a length of small chain.  No need to have a solid link, in fact it is probably best to have a flexible chain to prevent any binding as you will not be using the typical Tee shaped lift bar in the slot of the deck carriage.

• Excellent 1

Moonshine*Connoisseur

I installed the newer style brackets from the 312 on it already. Haven't tried fitting the deck yet. 

• Like 1

daveoman1966

The .pdf file I send shows a 42" RD mounted on a Raider 10...after the upgrade.  Here it is:

RAIDER 10 (1).jpg

• Excellent 2

Moonshine*Connoisseur

Thank you for the replies and recommendations, I will post pics as soon as it is in working order. 

• Like 1