RandyLittrell

Managed to pick up a C121 that needs some work.

Runs really rich, no air cleaner and needs a head gasket. But runs pretty smooth after it warms up just a bit and no smoke or engine noises.

Needs a seat assembly too. 

I think I will end up moving my loader over to it, my 1277 is getting really tired and I don't want to tear it up. 

I will put it up on the workbench when the 310 comes off and it's getting close to done now. 

20210623_095227.jpg

20210623_095236.jpg

20210623_095036.jpg

20210623_095046.jpg

20210623_095058.jpg

• Like 6

RandyLittrell

I think a got a decent deal for my area, $200 with the blade. 

Randy

• Like 3
  • Excellent 3

gwest_ca

You bought a blade and they threw a tractor in with the deal.

Time to reverse the blade wear strip.

Garry

• Like 4

RandyLittrell
17 minutes ago, gwest_ca said:

You bought a blade and they threw a tractor in with the deal.

Time to reverse the blade wear strip.

Garry

Normally, everybody in my area thinks these old tractors are worth a mint. Feels good to get a decent deal once in awhile. I didn't even bargain with him, just paid the man his money! 

Yup, blade needs a little love! 

Randy

• Like 3

RandyLittrell

Well, I got my 310 all back together and off the bench, so the C-121 went on. 

Gonna put all new tires on some nice wheels I have stashed, just have to put some paint on the fronts as I think they came off of a craftsmen. The look close enough to WH wheels to suit me, just have to make a couple of spacers. 

Pulled the fenders and tank to straighten out the fenders a bit and power wash the tank. The tank mounts were bent a bit and straighten those out as well as remove a couple of twisted off bolts for the seat mount. Took the cobbled up seat mount off and have a correct one coming off ebay. 

Pulled the OE muffler and think this one is gonna have a stack. 

Did a little repair on the PTO, adjusted it and replaced a couple of pins that were wrong. 

I think this is gonna make a handy dandy tractor, just isn't gonna be pretty for awhile. This is just a worker redo for now. 

20210708_103754.jpg

20210708_103853.jpg

20210708_103904.jpg

20210708_103925_HDR.jpg

20210708_104943.jpg

20210708_115258.jpg

• Like 5

RandyLittrell
Posted (edited)

I was able to straighten out the rear fender/tank mount and found a proper seat bracket on ebay.

Springs were bad so I cut down some old sway bars bushing I had laying around.

Also replaced the tank bushing and cutoff valve. Had to chase a few threads, but it went back together just fine.

New gas cap too. 

I think this is gonna make a good worker, just having to hold myself back from going overboard!! 

20210730_161016.jpg

20210730_161028.jpg

20210730_163145.jpg

Edited by RandyLittrell
  • Like 4

Goldnboy
Posted (edited)

Nice repurpose of sway bar bushings I had been using rubber feet for metal chairs.

Good to see you in the garage again

Edited by Goldnboy
  • Like 1

RandyLittrell
Posted (edited)
48 minutes ago, Goldnboy said:

Nice repurpose of sway bar bushings I had been using rubber feet for metal chairs.

Good to see you in the garage again

Thanks Terrie!! 

I don't even know why I have those sway bar bushings to start with, glad I was able to use them!! Probably something we didn't use on a car in the bodyshop from when I was still working. 

I probably spent too much time out there yesterday, my neck was tired by the time I got home and still hurts a bit. Got to keep going though!! 

Randy

Edited by RandyLittrell
  • Like 2

RandyLittrell

It didn't have an air cleaner on it when I bought it, so drug one out of the parts bin and cleaned it up and threw some paint on it. It's not perfect but good enough for a worker. 

Pulled the head and cleaned it up as well. It cleaned up fine but I wish I had my bead blaster running! Good enough for who it's for!!

I still need to flat sand the head and make sure it's not warped, but the head gasket looked fairly new and the head was loose. Gasket was not blown out, but putting a new one on anyway and I saved the old one for emergency use. I've been known to clean them up and spray them with aluminum paint and then reuse them. That is what is on my puller motor and it's milled .050.

Randy

20210915_121609.jpg

20210915_163226.jpg

20210915_163220.jpg

• Like 1

slim67
19 minutes ago, RandyLittrell said:

It didn't have an air cleaner on it when I bought it, so drug one out of the parts bin and cleaned it up and threw some paint on it. It's not perfect but good enough for a worker. 

Pulled the head and cleaned it up as well. It cleaned up fine but I wish I had my bead blaster running! Good enough for who it's for!!

I still need to flat sand the head and make sure it's not warped, but the head gasket looked fairly new and the head was loose. Gasket was not blown out, but putting a new one on anyway and I saved the old one for emergency use. I've been known to clean them up and spray them with aluminum paint and then reuse them. That is what is on my puller motor and it's milled .050.

Randy

20210915_121609.jpg

20210915_163226.jpg

20210915_163220.jpg

That paint job looks pretty damn good to me. Id like to see your perfect one.

• Thanks 1

Lee1977

The 310 looks sad without the black grill.

RandyLittrell
30 minutes ago, Lee1977 said:

The 310 looks sad without the black grill.

It's an 85 and came that way, still original paint. Only year to do so I think. 

Randy