PbFlinger

I’m doing some work on an unknown vintage 37” side discharge deck. ID tag obliterated, I’m guessing mid ‘80s, 05-37MS02. The work I’m doing is a functional rebuild, not a cosmetic resto. I just pulled the plastic cover off of the deck height adjustment handle. It occurred to me that this is likely the most unfaded paint on the whole machine. I’m using Krylon Farm & Implement Ford red (got a case cheap). Exact color match is unimportant to me on this job. However I thought someone who is more interested in a view of an original color, and perhaps curious about the color of this inexpensive and available paint in comparison, might appreciate  a photo. This is a pulley I painted, fog coat then full coat over bare steel. It’s not a real close match; close enough for my purposes though. This Krylon paint is a bit more yellow to my eye. This pic was shot with an iPhone, in my shop with a mix of incandescent & fluorescent lights, looks about the same to me in daylight. Not sure how it’ll look on your end, just thought I’d offer it up for reference. 

0E99C16A-7C6C-43C5-98F8-3492A32A569E.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Excellent 2

Jeff-C175

Not too far off, but I still think the Rustoleum Regal Red would be a closer match.  But it's close enough for horse shoes!

I guess you didn't warp the halves beyond repair then?

PbFlinger

Ha! Don’t think so. The halves are going into my little oven for a bake after while. They seem to have survived. The lengths a guy will go to to save a hundred bucks...

Jeff-C175
2 hours ago, PbFlinger said:

lengths a guy will go to to save a hundred bucks...

I think you'll find a lot of kindred spirits here!  I just spent about four hours salvaging a piece of 1x4 board to save $15 on a new one.  

• Like 2