Sign in to follow this  
stevebo

C100 Engine trasplant question-

stevebo

Guys,

I picked up a C100 from the original owner this week. He threw a rod in it and removed the motor and started to rebuild but then ended up parking it in his shed for years. I now owne the machine. I have a 10hp out of a 310-8. I assume that is the same motor with just slight changes ie dipstick. Can anyone confirm this motor will bolt in?

The second question is the wiring... The current wiring harness looks pieced together. I am bad a wiring so any help with the diagram? Should I use the harness from the 310 since the motor is wired and I have the mid harness from the parts 310 or should I find one for a C100 or just start over? Any pointers would be great. Thanks- Steve Bo

Ken B

Hi Steve. I'm working on the C-100 I got from you. The motor out of the 310 does bolt right in. The harnes in the C-100 was iffy so I'm putting the 310's harness in the C-100. I'm going too eliminate some of the wires I won't be needing because I'm only going too use this as a plow tractor. I got the motor too run and she runs excellent. I just have too neaten things up with the wiring now. Ken

stevebo

Ken,

Good to hear that you got it running (as I know you would) ...

To all here on Redsquare - Ken B is a great guy that is new to Redsquare however knows these tractors well and is also a guy that is into old outboard motors...I mean OLD. He restores them. When I brought him the C100 he showed me a 1914 fully polished running/restored evinrude. SO let's all welcome him and if you need any help with old outboards he is your guy. Great guy to deal with. Ken. glad to have you here. Steve Bo

Rideawaysenior

See if your 310 has the regulator in it or not. I'm guessing that it does not as the 310's generally came with a stator that had voltage diodes built in. If you are going to use the 10hp from the 310, you should swap out the stator from the old engine with the new one. That way it will be a plug and play as far as the electrics are concerned. If you don't watch out because you are playing with fire. I learned the hard way.

Jack

stevebo

Jack,

Ken will be using the wiring harness from the 310 I gave him with. We figured that would make sense.