Sign in to follow this  
Wheelhorse502

Wheelhore 502 Transmission lockup

Wheelhorse502

Hello all,

I'm hoping someone can shed some light on my issue. I have a 502 1962 vintage that has a right wheel lockup problem. For some reason from time to time the right whell locks up as if the brakes are on full. (Only on that side).

I used it for the last two years plowing piles of dirt and snow around and was amazed at the power of this little marvel. Now I'm very dependant on her and need to get this issue resolved. I'm hoping it is not a broken gear or major item in the trans. Funny, it seemed to show up after I replaced the gear oil with a fresh fill.

:thumbs:

:thumbs2:

Sam

Coadster32

Perhaps a broke pinion? :thumbs2: Sounds to me like you'll be taking this apart very soon, and then saying AAHHH!!!

linen beige

Is it actually locked or just not turning? If it just stops turning check the key in the hub. If it is actually locking up, then Coadster's probably right.

Wheelhorse502

:thumbs2: Actually the left wheel is spinning freely, the right stops turning but is not free spinning either. It is most notable when I use third gear. Possibly a coincidence, however I gues I'll better know once I poke my head inside.

Thanks for your replies. :thumbs:

Sam PA :ychain: