Sign in to follow this  
Roundhoods Rule

Right place at the right time! 1077

Roundhoods Rule

Stopped by this little small engine repair shop in the next town over looking for some Kohler parts. The guy has thousands of old parts. While I was waiting for him to get back from picking up a tractor, the old guy that works for him asked me what I was looking for. I told him Kohler engine parts for Wheel Horse tractors that I collect. He tells me one of their clients stopped in the other day and asked if they wanted to buy his old Wheel Horse as he had bought a new JD. He said that the boss wasn't interested and to ask him if he has the guys number if I was interested in it. Well the boss came back and we looked for the parts that I needed. I asked him about the Wheel Horse and he couldn't remember the model or year but said it was older, but in nice shape. He gave me the guys number and I called him right then and there. I went to look at it and bought it on the spot. It's a 1967 1077 and came with a mower deck, snow blower, almost new chains and the original manual. He hadn't run it in 2 years. The battery was dead so I put my jump box on it, sprayed a little carb cleaner down the throat and cranked the engine. It fired right up and I drove it on the trailer. It's complete and original execpt for the ignition switch, seat, starter and it's missing the hydraulic lever on the valve for the HY-6. The tires are even the originals. The fronts are actual Wheel Horse and the cigarette lighter actually works. Not to shabby for $200.

19671077012.jpg

19671077013.jpg

19671077014.jpg

19671077016.jpg

19671077010.jpg

19671077011.jpg

Lane Ranger

:omg: Excellent find! And a good trctor. The guy you bought it from has one of those Arnold seats on it so he loved that machine! Now you can give it some new life. Pays to talk about wheel horse to those engine and lawn mower repair folks!

Brian1045

Really cool tractor!..I like it! :omg:

bell

WOW! Nice score! Good looking tractor! :omg:

Gene_S

Very nice find!!... It does help to talk to people about it. When ever I go into machine shops to work on machines, I always make sure to make a point to mention "Wheel Horse".

Thanks,

Gene :omg:

Brian1045

By the title of your username "Roundhoods Rule" It doesn't seem like you will want to keep this tractor. I'll take her off your hands as a favor to you...lol. :omg: :drool:

Kelly

Nice find, I see it even has the factory front tac o matic adaptor on the front to use the newer attachments heck I've seen them bring good money by themselves, clean tractor, talk to the right people they are still out there for a good price.

Sarge

If you can, see if the lettering on the shift indicator/trans plate is still legible. That's the one thing I have left to complete the resto on the 1277's and 876 decals.

Looks awful good for the price, nice score.

Sarge