Sign in to follow this  
Jim_M

The 2009 Leaf Beast

Jim_M

I picked up this Charger 12 (converted Electro) a couple of weeks ago (thanks Scott).

I spent some time on it today getting it ready for the fall leaf season. I got it running good, replaced all of the belts, pieced 2 decks together to make one very nice 48" deck for it and mounted the leaf vac on it.

I used to put the leaf vac on my 416-H, but that leaf dust gets everywhere and I didn't want to wear out my favorite worker prematurely. Besides that the last few years the snow has started before the leaves were done falling and I haven't been able to put the snow blower and cab on the 416. Ordinarily that's not a problem, I have other tractors with blades, but there's always one good snow that makes me really wish I had the blower on a tractor.

Problem solved! Now I can take the deck off the 416-H when the leaves start falling and put the blower and cab on while it's still warm enough to work.

untitled200.jpg

untitled201.jpg

Rollerman

Looks good Jim...I have a PeCo vac I'd like to convert over to a trash can setup like that.

The hub caps look great to & will help keep the leaf dust out of the rims too. :omg:

Are you needing a beltguard for the Electro?

Jim_M

Yes I still need a belt guard. I thought I had one but I guess I was wrong.

Kelly

Stephen beat me to it, need a belt guard?? nice rig needs a pic of Oscar the grouch on the can.

Jim_M

Good idea Kelly.

I'll take another look around today for a belt guard bit more than likely I sold the one I thought I had.

Kelly

I've got a spare guard cheap, if you can't find one