ACman

Michigan seat company

ACman

Michigan seat company was acquire by Jason-milsco seat company. The problem is they are not producing the Michigan seat low back V-250 and the mid-high back V-3500 . These are the the oem style seat minus the :wh: logo and also many other tractor manufacturers. Craftsman , Murray and MTD just to name a few.  Northern Tool had ran out of these a few years back then got restocked and now sold out again. It’s obvious that these seats are popular. Let’s let them know that there’s a market for these seats , so please call or email them to let them know. Jackson Mi. factory (517)787-3650 and Milsco https://www.milsco.com/contact-us/

D5E2C2E1-43BF-40C1-92C6-38BF72AF4836.jpeg.02561e4c9bc3bfde77fa066f656c3cd0.jpeg86E452B5-37A9-40E5-B855-18878C8BABB2.jpeg.5f93b3277264193389b4579cf3e0cd2d.jpeg

Edited by ACman
  • Like 5
  • Excellent 1
  • Heart 1

Achto
18 minutes ago, ACman said:

so please call or email them to let them know.

Milsco has a plant in Redgranite. I could always take a ride across town & knock on their door to let them know.:) I also know people in the mold shop there, in fact I'm pretty sure that some of the molds for those seats reside in Redgranite. 

It would be hard to convince the factory to run the seats that we want though. It is not good for a factory to keep finished goods in inventory. They would need a vendor to place a big order so that the vendor can worry about keeping the inventory.

May be a better idea to start bugging Northern Tool to place an order.

Edited by Achto
  • Like 5

ACman
3 hours ago, Achto said:

May be a better idea to start bugging Northern Tool to place an order.

@Achto That’s a good idea too but they are not the only ones who sells them . Oregon has their own part number and I’ve also checked two big aftermarket tractor part suppliers here in Michigan. Problem is you order from them but is shipped from supplier.

Edited by ACman

Mike'sHorseBarn

Figures they have something a lot of people like and they look good so they get discontinued.............

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

76c12091520h

Stay tuned........

20200425_002159[1].jpg

• Excellent 2

76c12091520h

Shipment arrived today: 

Full metal pans, 7" x 7.5"  hard to find Wheel Horse bolt pattern. 

20210430_210404[1].jpg

20210430_210510[1].jpg

20210430_210448[1].jpg

20200425_002159[1].jpg

• Like 3
  • Excellent 3

clueless

The last two I bought from Northern were crap, same seat as the ones I've bought from the over the years but the craftsmanship sucked. Probably why they don't sell them anymore.

are you saying that those seats are now in stock?   if so....how much?

76c12091520h
1 hour ago, 305 said:

are you saying that those seats are now in stock?   if so....how much?

See the Big Show Buy Sell and Trade thread; as of now I am taking orders for delivery to the show only and that is a show only cash price.

• Like 1

i'm not going to the Big Show , so if you have any left after lt's over please let me know

Damien Walker

I hope I don't appear critical but I thought I would add a few thoughts on seats:

Firstly I  fully accept people may want to fit exactly the same seat as the original but my experiences with this type of seat are poor. They are made up of a foam core with a vinyl type skin which soon cracks (might be the miserable weather in the UK!)...and they damned well pinch if you get something sensitive in the split!

Many years ago, Northern Tool UK (sadly now defunct) were selling solid polyurethane high back seats off cheaply and so I bought one to replace my newish, now split vinyl job on my Commando 7...and very pleased with it I was. Consequently I fitted the same type to my C121 and C175 when the time came. Wind the clock forward to 2020 and I cannot source one of these in the UK. I can find them in a number of places in the States but shipment was prohibitive.

I ended up importing from Agri Supply (Dwight Arey being super helpful) and whilst the shipment cost was still eye watering, Mr Arey did his best for me and I had the seat of choice for my latest restoration. 

I have truly lost count of how long I have had these seats....must be 15 years minimum for the oldest There has been no visible deterioration and no splits. One even survived serious abuse when I managed to drop my running angle grinder on it...the result was a minor scuff mark.

If you don't care about originality and want the best seat on the market, I recommend one of these: https://www.agrisupply.com/universal-tractor-seat/p/14119/ and there's no trim strip to fall off either.

• Like 2

c-series don

I have one of those seats on my C-141 but if you’re going for period correct and there’s such a demand (or so I/we Wheel Horse people think there is!)  We would hope Michigan seat company could make another run of them?