Sign in to follow this  
Lane Ranger

Wheel Horse 1054 Drawbar hitch and new pin

Lane Ranger

Attached are some photos of two new drawbar hitches made by my father for two of his 1054 tractors. These are duplicates of the ones he made 20 years ago to attach to the rear wheel horse bracket mounting assembly that holds the snowplows and other implements in place. The drawbar ride in front of the slot/lift hitch.

102_5889.jpg

102_5887.jpg

The two red angle iron pieces attach to the backside of the bracket attached around the rear axles. You can add several hitch balls or a ring for pulling with a rope or chain to do all kinds of things.

102_5886.jpg

Also here is a closeup photo of one of the TSC 3/4 inch round by 6 and 3/4 inch long. You can buy them for less than seven dollars and they can be quickly removed and the regular hitch(s) can be removed. Other RedSquare Members have provided more details on use of this pin and it is a big improvement for ease of changing or removing hitches.

102_5891.jpg

bitten

Looks like a great idea.

Lane Ranger

My posted photos got moved on photobucket so I am reposting FYI

100_5304.jpg

102_6019.jpg

102_6018.jpg

102_5886.jpg

102_5889.jpg

Retired Wrencher

:) :USA::wh: Very nice Lane I`ll have to have one of those made up. T/C Gary B....

junkman

You could mount it on a hinge and use it like a "D Bar" on a farmall or IH tractor as a way to mount implements. :banghead:

Lane Ranger

JHunkman: That hinge idea is a good on e too! We might have to try a fabrication with a hinge type attachment to the rear hitch with the hydraulic lift.

I like that idea/suggestion!!

:banghead: