The Tuul Crib

5 inch random orbital air sander

The Tuul Crib

I'm looking to spend some money on a random orbital 5 inch air sander. Been looking on eBay and other places and there is such a wide variety of brands and prices. Anyone have a good choice that is better than others?

953 nut

I have been beating the heck out of a Porter Cable electric 5" RO for several years, love it. Why do you want an air sander?

image.jpeg.ceebb2763f23a490944b1d31860ae509.jpeg

• Like 1

The Tuul Crib
49 minutes ago, 953 nut said:

I have been beating the heck out of a Porter Cable electric 5" RO for several years, love it. Why do you want an air sander?

image.jpeg.ceebb2763f23a490944b1d31860ae509.jpeg

I have one of these in my home shop.

lts a good sander but im needing 

a pneumatic orbital air sander at work. I need it for commercial work in the wood shop.

Achto

I have a Blue Point that I bought many years ago, more than 20yrs that is. I like it because it is very well insulated for vibration. Granted, it does not get used every day now like it did in it's first 5 or 6 yrs of ownership. But I can still grab it and know that it will get the job done.

• Like 1

squonk

Why 5" ? Most suppliers around here at least only carry 6" paper. Or does your shop supply it ? That being said, Ingersoll-Rand

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRrJCbDzeTLMg5QrLjU-BUUIiwMvW7eav0byhm2QSLjOO1hVJTuH5DE7J656T-flGP3B5wD0IxO&usqp=CAc

The Tuul Crib

For what I am using it for at work 5 inch is much easier. Besides the shop supplies 5 inch adhesive discs. I won the bid on this one yesterday for 57 bucks. Tax and all was around 70. Dynabrade is all l have ever used. A new one like this is

around 250. 

E20C3CA6-0858-4603-8622-AB45572AF7D0.png

Crazyredhorse

I just bought air one at menards probly 15 years ago for 20 bucks always works fine