RPM

523DXI - Filters

RPM

Hi folks. Wanting to do a service on my dads 523DXI. He got a good deal on it from a local country estate, its running and cutting good but i don't think its been serviced it a long time.  It has a DM950D engine. Looking online i have found a a complete filter kit for sale. The add says it for the 850d engine. Can anyody tell me if the filters on these engines are the same? 

Thanks Rory

gwest_ca

There were 4 different models of 523Dxi produced over 7 years.

Best you get a parts list for your model and year so you are chasing the correct parts.

Post the model number and serial number off the tractor's ID decal if you need help.

Garry

• Like 1

Pullstart

:text-welcomeconfetti:

shallowwatersailor

If it has the Daihatsu DM950D engine it should be a 1998 model year. There are four filters for this tractor. Air filter, oil filter, fuel filter, and the transmission filter. I would use a Toro/Daihatsu air filter and fuel filter but Wix for the engine and transmission. When I had my 523Dxi I was able to cross-reference a slightly larger capacity oil filter but same base and thread. The Wix 1410 is what is recommended in place of the Toro transmission filter. Use a synthetic 10W-30 motor oil for better service in the transmission.

A diesel grade 10W-30 oil is good for the engine. I used Amsoil synthetic in mine. Also when pouring the fresh oil into the engine pour it slowly and as close to center of the opening. The oil passages are restricted in the head and fresh oil can become trapped. There is a service bulletin that will explain it better.

The DM850D is the same block but only rated at 23 Horsepower. The DM950D is actually a 26 horsepower engine but marketed for the 523Dxi as 23 hp. It was only used by Toro in 1998's tractors. The DM850D may have just been de-tuned by changing the flow on the fuel pump. 

Good luck with it!