Brockport Bill

Onan Coil prices ?? they vary a lot !!!

Brockport Bill

might need a coil for an Onan in a 520 H from 1988-89 ??? went online and first saw price of $272 - - then went to other sites and variance by 5-10 dollars so then went the used parts route and found $175 but none in stock.......... then went to a site i just learned about here on Forum, PSEP.biz and was fraction of price  those prices - - so for the heck of it i went on Amazon -- Yikes, $39 or 45 dollars from different suppliers - is the quality that different, or is it profit mark up or what is it the variance?  I would really appreciate learning if this is "you get what you pay for " or something else? Any recommendations would be appreciated.

Achto

I've also heard of some people using Harley Davidson coils on their Onan's. An After market HD coil is some times a little cheaper.

• Like 1

lynnmor

Some have had good success with the cheap Chinese coils.  Replacement coils will need the special mounting bracket so be sure it is included and you will need to do some work to make them fit.

• Like 2

pacer

I got one of the 'cheap' Onan coils off the bay - $30+/- some 2 years ago and its going along just fine. Mines a B43 but that shouldnt make a difference.

Also, its true about the Harley coils - I ran one picked up at a flea mkt for $5 on a KT17 for some 5years.

But youre right about the -- HUGE price variations on many of our parts - the coil for the big twin Koehlers which is basically the same  - Koehler price $200+ and on the bay bout $30+-

Ron Lerew

I just put a after market coil in one of my H520 and its running fine. My other H520 machine is down with maybe a bad ignition module which I posted asking for help with. I would get another after market coil if needed.

Ron

WHX??

Make sure you price check with this guy too Ron. 

Most of his stuff is the more expensive OEM tho. 

Onan Parts.Com, Rebuild Parts for Onan engines

• Thanks 1

richmondred01

I have an onan coil or two in the shop.

PM and let me know if you want a used one. 

http://www.ebay.com/usr/arkvalleydiesel
they have good prices on onan parts and they don’t change prices on you or advertise they have parts that they really don’t stock.

Edited by richmondred01