Pollack Pete

Yesterdays Haul

Pollack Pete

Got a call from a friend last week.They own a small mobile home park and were wanting to clean it up a little.Said they had 4 lawn tractors that they were going to let someone take   for scrap.Asked me if I wanted them.I said,of course.I had no idea what I was going to find when I rolled up with my truck and trailer.I was thinking.......420 LSE,520H,maybe a compact diesel 4x4.So much for dreaming.Ended up getting a Scotts 20 HP/50 in. A Honda HT4213,pretty cool tractor.Has a liquid cooled twin cyl. engine.A Honda HT-R 3009.Looks like the Snapper Comet that Forrest Gump mowed his school ball field with.Also got a Craftsman DGS6500.That supposedly ran last year.Has a mower deck issue {spildle falling out}.Also got an Ingersoll snow blower attachment that looks like it was hardly used.Had to come-a-long everything on my trailer by hand.Of course my 9,000 pound Harbor Freight winch isn't installed on my trailer yet.Out of 16 tires on the 4 mowers,2 tires had air.No compressor with me.Sore back today,but pretty neat trailer load for 2 hrs work.Don't know what I'm going to do with them.Probably just let them sit here and de-value my property.

IMG_5101.jpg

IMG_5100.jpg

• Like 5

DennisThornton

I'm quite found of the AYP/Craftsmans of Roper heritage.  I own a few 6 speed Sears/Ropers/Husqvarna/Craftsmans.  Pretty rugged and there were lots of attachments.  I'm surprised that Honda didn't make a bigger and longer splash in the US Garden Tractor world.

Ed Kennell
2 hours ago, Pollack Pete said:

.Probably just let them sit here and de-value my property.

Now, that's funny.     :laughing-rolling:

• Like 1

ri702bill

All:

Nice haul - the Honda HT4213 brings back memories. One of my son's customers asked if he wanted one for free - it needed a starter. It was at a local southern RI Toro dealer that gave her a quote of over $500 to fix it - seems the motor needs to be removed to change the starter. Fast forward a couple of weeks and she calls my son begging us to go get it, the Dealer wants it gone. OK, we get it home and remove the accessible starter brush plate to find that the brush springs are toast - $37 at the local Honda Outdoor Power dealer gets you a complete loaded brush plate. Had to fix a couple of small items, mostly due to PO neglect. (like the dented oil filter - seems he would hit the starter with a hammer to try to get it to start and sometimes miss - moron) We ran it for 2 seasons then sold it. Great machine.

Bill

• Like 1