Wheel Horse 3D

2021 Big Show details????

Ed Kennell
57 minutes ago, Greentored said:

Just want to lay out my plan and be sure its kosher:  arrive Thursday with my truck and a small trailer, set up an EZ up and camp stove, and sleep in the truck. Any special areas or rules I might not be aware of for this? I want to be right in the middle of the action!

I also plan to burn at least 40 gallons of gas just cruising around. Is that how this works?

https://img1.wsimg.com/blobby/go/93025b4d-9ff2-4b4a-b1fb-107a88e117a9/downloads/flyer.pdf?ver=1618870178416

102_2881.JPG.52024485991574a48e8015f8ff6881e5.JPG102_2880.JPG.ace29073ec441b5e5e55826ecf036fc1.JPG

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

WHX??

You burn forty gallons Green yer tractor better run non stop! Might be possible with an Onan tho!

The fairgrounds is pretty small,. and there's no riding outside the grounds. Actually most of the horsing around is done on foot and sitting and yaking with the occasional flinging of horse apples at Squonk with a slingshot... :lol: Just a reminder that if it rains and things get muddy no tearing up the grounds as the club has to fix any grounds damage. No tractor running after 10. Not to say there is no seat time as There is a ride Friday nite where there be some laps to be had. 

You won't be able to enter the grounds till after 9 on Thursday. Make sure you pay for camping as you pull in so the camp nazi has time to enjoy the show too. 

Edited by WHX24
  • Like 1
  • Excellent 1
  • Haha 2

Greentored
22 hours ago, WHX24 said:

You burn forty gallons Green yer tractor better run non stop! Might be possible with an Onan tho!

The fairgrounds is pretty small,. and there's no riding outside the grounds. Actually most of the horsing around is done on foot and sitting and yaking with the occasional flinging of horse apples at Squonk with a slingshot... :lol: Just a reminder that if it rains and things get muddy no tearing up the grounds as the club has to fix any grounds damage. No tractor running after 10. Not to say there is no seat time as There is a ride Friday nite where there be some laps to be had. 

You won't be able to enter the grounds till after 9 on Thursday. Make sure you pay for camping as you pull in so the camp nazi has time to enjoy the show too. 

Ok- just to clarify- putting around within the grounds IS allowed during the day- show area, camping area, back n forth to my truck, etc... not just during scheduled cruise times, correct?

squonk

Yes. The Kohler fumes wafting thru the infield all day long brings a tear  to my eye! :occasion-xmas:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Heart 1

Greentored
2 minutes ago, squonk said:

Yes. The Kohler fumes wafting thru the infield all day long brings a tear  to my eye! :occasion-xmas:

Thank GOD buddy!  I misunderstood at first and read it as "no riding around except for the scheduled rides."  

That honestly would've likely been a deal breaker for me. I mean, cool tractors are fun to look at and all, but I want to see them move! I want to hear them run!

I hope theres so many Horses with rumbly stacks that I get sick of them by the end of the event:lol:

• Like 1

squonk

Biggest issue is kids hot-rodding. There are several older folks there that almost get run over at times. Some kids will ride all day both days non stop. When riding you need eyes in the back of your head. The cruise can get pretty hairy. Got to be careful. If there is an accident, the show will be no more.

• Like 2

Greentored
6 minutes ago, squonk said:

Biggest issue is kids hot-rodding. There are several older folks there that almost get run over at times. Some kids will ride all day both days non stop. When riding you need eyes in the back of your head. The cruise can get pretty hairy. Got to be careful. If there is an accident, the show will be no more.

That would be terrible.

As much fun as it is to do dumb things sometimes, you wont see me doing stuff like that when it comes to the safety of others or potentially jeopardizing an entire event.

Wheel Horse 3D
On 5/31/2021 at 4:34 PM, bigcreek said:

A newbie here needed some Big Show gouge (info). 

traveling up from So Md, towing trailer. would like to camp out of my truck if possible. do any of the locals have camping near by for the event ? 

In case ya hadn't figured out the scoop yet...Grounds and camping open Thursday morning. There is first come first serve on site camping available $20 a night. ,  personally will be tent/hammock camping. The tent areas allow one vehicle at the campsite, any trailers etc have to be parked in the parking area. There are also RV sites available. As far as show setup and space etc. also first come first served. Can easily pop up yer EZ up and park yer tractors.I don't think you can park and sleep in the show areas and they are closed after 8 or so. To sell anything you need to be a WHCC member..can get that online or pay it at the show. Only Wheel horse merchandise or parts(and wheel horse accessories of course, like garden carts or other non WH branded accessories for yer WH). They prefer anyone selling set up in the vendor area, but if you were displaying AND selling just a tractor I don't see why that couldn't be done out in the main area. Thats it as far as I can tell, bear in mind I am in no way OFFICIAL but that's how I understand it thus far as a newbie myself.

If ya scroll back through this thread you'll find plenty of info, overhead pics and maps detailing the various areas of the facility, copies of the WHCC flyer, WHCC representative numbers for any questions etc. and plenty of input for those who have been there and done that!

Edited by Wheel Horse 3D
  • Excellent 1

Wheel Horse 3D

OHhh and to clarify camping..you cannot camp at the fairgrounds Wednesday night. There are other campgrounds in the area or hotels, but be prepared to make other arrangements if yer goin up on Wed. Camping and Show area are NOT open until until Thursday morning.

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1