Darabsdny

B80 Front wheels

Darabsdny

Got a new front wheel and the hub is too short can I just add some washers in as a spacer ? 

20210327_143756.jpg

rmaynard

I don't see where that would be a problem. I would put them behind the wheel so that the hub it at the end of the spindle. More stability.

Oh, and welcome to the forum.

:WRS:

Edited by rmaynard
  • Like 2

Handy Don
Just now, rmaynard said:

I don't see where that would be a problem. I would put them behind the wheel so that the hub is at the end of the spindle. More stability.

Yep. Also, be sure they are not so big that they rub against the wheel or the outer part of the bearing instead of the inner part of the bearing.

Darabsdny

Thank you both, I was going to return it because it is definately a smaller wheel and tire than stock, but for 30$ for the wheel and tire I think its worth it versus 75$ for the proper size 

• Like 1

ranger
2 hours ago, Darabsdny said:

Got a new front wheel and the hub is too short can I just add some washers in as a spacer ? 

20210327_143756.jpg

Hi, and Welcome.

If the spindle is 3/4” diameter, try your local, (if you have one), agricultural supplier. They have adaptor sleeves for 3 point linkage pins to reduce from one category to the next, very cheap. The 3/4” to 1” ones are ideal for a quick and easy method to fit trailer hubs to wheelhorse spindles. You could cut one to size to use as spacers for your wheels, without the risk of fouling on the outer race of the bearing.

Doug.

Darabsdny
23 hours ago, ranger said:

Hi, and Welcome.

If the spindle is 3/4” diameter, try your local, (if you have one), agricultural supplier. They have adaptor sleeves for 3 point linkage pins to reduce from one category to the next, very cheap. The 3/4” to 1” ones are ideal for a quick and easy method to fit trailer hubs to wheelhorse spindles. You could cut one to size to use as spacers for your wheels, without the risk of fouling on the outer race of the bearing.

Doug.

Darabsdny

Thank you ranger I will look around