Jeff-C175

ID this Ford tractor? Can't see much...

Jeff-C175
3 minutes ago, WHX24 said:

Probably used for mowing town property or ditch mowing? 

Yeah, gonna give that a shot, but of late the DPW area has been 'off limits'.  

Last they used it was at the school it's parked behind.  They dragged a harrow to maintain the ball fields.  I remember them using it years ago to mow the roadsides with a sickle bar.  As it sits there's a rear grader blade on the 3 point.  Wonder if there are more attachments?  Would be awesome if there's an FEL for it somewhere.

Edited by Jeff-C175
  • Like 2

6wheeler
13 hours ago, Jeff-C175 said:

image.png.1a634fce5ac486c42d292d44e5857120.png

Breather. A tube goes back to the filter housing around the exhaust. It was a Ford thing :teasing-poke:

Jeff-C175

OK, got it... brought my loppers and cut some briars back.

B - 2000 series

Chassis Type

10 - Agricultural All Purpose
  Fuel Type

2 - Gas
 PTO

3 - Live 540
Transmission Type

C - 8 speed

Built in the USA on July 12, 1973 Day Shift

image.png.1993cf2848ae7e8286f3cdba2e2205d2.png

• Like 1

6wheeler

Ok. Now we have something. The 2000 series was made from about 65 to 75 if I remember correctly. I think they were about 25 to 30 Hp. In my first response I thought 3000 series. The two are very similar in size but Hp. is different. I think the 3000's had around 35 to 45 hp. And were available as a diesel. 2000's were gas tractors. Still? A handy tractor. I think they had the same problem that the 8N had with the 3rd gear issue (jumping out). But? As I said? If the engine isn't stuck? It would be worth messing with. If it is? Then, you will have more money in it than it would ever be worth. I have seen them go at auctions for as high as $4000.00. But? for that money? They have to be in mint condition. But? I passed on one a year ago that went for $750.00 at an auction. The reason I passed? The tires were junk. And, the engine had a lot of blow by and was smoking alot. Between the tires and engine parts/time? I wouldn't have came out ahead. Especially if there were tranny issues as well. If you could get it for say $100.00 to say $600.00?  And you want a project? Then? Go for it. But? If the city/county owns it? I would offer to remove that "Eyesore" just for removing it. Don't be bashful about using this analogy. I have gotten "Eyesores" many times just because people are tired of looking at them (even with brambles grown over). Good Luck:tools-hammerdrill: 

• Like 2

Jeff-C175

I heard back from my contacts at the town.

They do NOT own it.  Not on their property books.  My friend said she thinks they gave it to the school and they own it.  

This may be good news.  I bet the strategy of "getting rid of that dangerous eyesore" will work!  I don't know who to contact though.

@6wheeler

My spousal unit is giving me all kinds of 5h1t about it.  "You don't need another project!"  But so be it.  If she leaves me over it, at least I'll have a tractor!

Edited by Jeff-C175