Sign in to follow this  
Pollack Pete

Winter Tractor Put to Bed,Summer tractor woken Up

Pollack Pete

Yesterday was about 55 deg. in upstate NY,so I figured it was time to put the Winter Mahindra emax25 with 56 in snowblower to bed and wake up the Summer Mahindra model 2638.Hope I didn't jump the gun here.No snow forecast and warm temps predicted for at least a week.Also woke up my 2 main Wheel Horse mowing tractors .My 312-8 with rear discharge deck and my C-175 with side discharge deck.My C-161 failed to start even with the jump box.I think the started is shot.Work on that another day.Gonna enjoy the warm temps.It's been a real long winter.

thumbnail (9).jpg

thumbnail (10).jpg

• Like 5

JoeM
50 minutes ago, Pollack Pete said:

Mahindra emax25

Any good? I see a few around. Neighbor says Kioti are about the same machine. I know their price is significantly less than Kubota.

squonk

That's 2 NY'ers that I can blame now if it snows! :)

I'm tempted to put the new crusher run shoulder that the village installed last summer back onto the shoulder that the village plowed into my yard this past winter. Don't want to have to do it twice! :helmet:

• Haha 1

rjg854

With all your free time Mike, what else you gonna do?  Just sit there on your rocking horse. :teasing-poke::teasing-neener:

• Haha 2

Pollack Pete
2 hours ago, JoeM said:

Any good? I see a few around. Neighbor says Kioti are about the same machine. I know their price is significantly less than Kubota.

I've had pretty good luck with mine.I only use it for snow blowing.It came with a front end loader.I've never had it on the tractor.Can't beat the heated cab.Wouldn't want to use the tractor in hot weather though.You'd have to remove the doors.It gets like an oven with that mostly glass cab.The 2638 has air and heat.Gotta love that too.When I was looking at new tractors,I checked out Kioti.Just about the same as Mahindra.Couldn't afford Kubota or John Deere.I didn't need a gold plated tractor.A friend asked me about how a Mahindra holds its value.I told him it didn't matter.I'm almost 68 yrs old and hopefully these are the last new tractors I'll ever buy.What they're worth in yrs to come and I'm gone,it  will be someone elses concern what they're worth.

• Like 3

8ntruck

I've heard that Mahindra makes most of the 30hp and under tractors - including for other brands.  A friend of mine has a small John Deere that was made by Mahindra.