peter lena

toro dingo

peter lena

just had one of these show up at my neighbors house , for post hole work and a switch to FEL  , very interesting , pete

• Like 4

DennisThornton

I've been to equipment shows and looked hard at the Dingo.  Hard to beat for low impact in tight places.  Real backsaver for going through human sized gates and pathways with heavy loads.

peter lena

dennis , went over and talked to the operator, its a rental , trailer and all, you get it basically set up for what you  want to do , with the other implement switch you could use on the trailer. hydraulic quick disconnect , hose connections , and easy mechanical mounting , make swap simple. very rugged build , mechanical advantage drive points and track drive , make almost funny ease to a nagging ground issue. makes a point  of renting to do the heavy stuff , saving you the damage and frustration , and letting you finish with assured results . just watching it rip out bushes and small trees , with no effort at all , leveling lawn areas , makes you say , why not ?  worth a look , pete

DennisThornton

I was managing a hardware with rental at the time I was going to trade shows and we considered buying to rent.  We weren't sure we ready for it though.

peter lena

dennis that was a home depot rental , model # TX427 - TORO, that was its first use , hydraulic hose slide couplings , were dry , quick penetrating oil shot made them quick snap into place. load bucket to post hole drill swap was a 5 min swap . the mechanical advantage is over whelming , making any motion effortless , pete

• Like 1

8ntruck

I've got stone sills on my porch railing.  They need to be removed for the replacement of the porch floor.  The largest piece weighs about 500 pounds.

I stopped at the local rental shop and asked about a Dingo with a set of forks.  The guy there thought a Dingo would not quite be up to the task.  He recommended the Ditch Witch SK 800, which is larger than the Dingo but the same general layout.  Spec sheet for the Ditch Witch says it will pick 900 pounds.

Edited by 8ntruck

peter lena

8ntruck, in view of your weight and deck size area would think the dingo would be better for maneuverability in a tight spot. easily pick 100 lbs, but its your choice , what ever you think will work better for you . just a very efficient way to solve a problem , pete  

8ntruck

I just re-read my post.  I fat fingered a t instead of a 5.  I'm needing to pick 500 pounds.

• Like 1

peter lena

8ntruck, sounds like the ditch witch, is for you , good luck with your project , pete

Mickwhitt

Will you please, please stop posting videos and information like this!

Its irresponsible and dangerous!

Showing agricultural eye candy like that just sets us mere mortals hankering after the unattainable.

Its like posting photos of a super model and saying you too could have one of these! 

Looks a lovely piece of equipment and if I ever get fed up of having two kidneys, maybe I woukd trade one in against such a machine.

Thanks guys!