WHNJ701

What to do? Value of a 211-4

WHNJ701

Long story short I am starting to sell off my collection of tractors.

I have my grandfathers 1989 211-4 that I went with him when I was 10 years old to go buy it.  I know it's not a collectible item but it's 1 owner, stored inside, nice original shiny paint and all the stickers, hasn't been used much in last 12 years.  Last time I ran it, it has a bad surge which I think is typical with this 11hp briggs.  The mower deck is in excellent shape.  I couldn't find much info on this model.  I do have every piece paperwork that came from the dealership with it.

Any idea what to ask?  I know its a sentimental piece I should hang on too but I don't see the point of just letting it sit forever either.  

squonk

I had a 1990 210-H. Bought it brand new with the deck, snow plow and chains for $2000. Owned it for 20 years. Even got a Simplicity blower to work on it. I replaced the seat, charging diode and a tie rod. that's it. 200 series tractors are a lot better than people give them credit for. Wait for the grass to start growing and ask $495 for it and it will sell.

• Like 3

Handy Don

:text-yeahthat:

k29349

I have one that I bought new in 1990. I cut grass with it every year. I also use it to pull around a 5 X 8 trailer to work in the yard. It has been very reliable over the years with just routine maintenance. Best $1200 I ever spent!

JoeM

brother got $250 in this one 208 not 211 but 211 would bring a little more around here.

Price r higher and see if there is any interest.

512570348_2084WHButchies1.jpg.bbf00c4556f232dce62857dbcc1c51cd.jpg

• Like 1

BeninCT

Think there is one on CL in CT for sale for $300 or so. Worth it compared to other junk in my opinion. Just hope it goest to a good home is all. 

• Like 1