T-Mo

1940 Farmall H Drive

cschannuth

It purrs like a kitten. 

seuadr

heh. i read this as farmall "h drive" and was like - i don't think i've ever heard of that.. what is H drive? then i realized... 

• Like 1

pfrederi

You mentioned pony tank Was she originalyl a distillate tractor and had the small gas tank for starting/shutting down???

ebinmaine
11 hours ago, cschannuth said:

It purrs like a kitten. 

Agreed. 

Runs nice. 

• Like 1

T-Mo
17 hours ago, pfrederi said:

You mentioned pony tank Was she originalyl a distillate tractor and had the small gas tank for starting/shutting down???

No, it has always been gas.  The original tank is a bit rusty on the inside, so it's off, in my shed awaiting rust removal and sealing.  I have a small 2 gallon or so tank from a lawn tractor sitting on and in between a wood structure to keep it in place, that the tractor is running off of.  I have driven this tractor now quite a few times with this little pony tank - and it does run good.  But I will have to buy a carb rebuild kit as the choke mechanism is loose and may allow the tractor to choke itself if it vibrates too much.  Also, the choke rod itself needs replacing - someone has the one on it a bit bent out of shape.  Good thing JP Tractor Salvage isn't too far away from me.