JoeM

How to get a tractor unstuck ???

JoeM

• Like 6
  • Excellent 1
  • Thanks 1

ebinmaine

Never tried it. Looks like it works slick. 

• Like 2

JoeM

Looks like something my guys would do at the mine! :eek:

That needed to have trips......Lightfoot?

1180979421_Capturetriagtires1.JPG.72fe09e9c2e0c9330629a98b8874e977.JPG1380178627_Capturetriagtires2.JPG.624648535840ddc8533cdf2e041c1ffc.JPG

• Like 1
  • Heart 1

ebinmaine
24 minutes ago, JoeM said:

That needed to have trips

Boy I'd say. 

The ground pressure may have been a tad high.  

DennisThornton

Great video.  I've seen similar.  I've intend to make something like this in different sizes for large and small vehicles:

image.png.85c112bfdae4f560c01ff3eacfebe4f8.png

Heck, I think a chain run through pipe would work.  Most anything that would give the tire some bite.  More the better but if it gives some movement each turn it should get unstuck.

Edited by DennisThornton
  • Like 2

peter lena

taking advantage of the mechanical drive is a basic starting point on a tractor , just giving a solid place to draw from is often in plane sight . the pto,s on a full size tractor give you a big advantage , another thing is to let the gearing work , not scream the hell out of it . pete

• Like 1

peter lena

did you see this toro set up ?  pete

• Like 4

pacer

Amazing that the guy never even tried using the bucket for assist!! I couldnt count the times that a couple 'flips/turns' with the bucket and sensible use of the differential lock has quickly got me going again. (I do have 4wd, which also helps)

• Like 3

DennisThornton
1 minute ago, pacer said:

Amazing that the guy never even tried using the bucket for assist!! I couldnt count the times that a couple 'flips/turns' with the bucket and sensible use of the differential lock has quickly got me going again. (I do have 4wd, which also helps)

Do it all the time! 

Something I've just learned recently.  If my rears aren't buried but my fronts are then I push down with the bottom of the bucket until the fronts are level and use the bucket like a ski, lock the dif and back out.  Saved my but several times!

Now, if I could just learn to not get stuck!  So many times I hear myself, "I knew I was going to get stuck!"!  Why did I do it?

• Like 2

pacer
5 minutes ago, DennisThornton said:

So many times I hear myself, "I knew I was going to get stuck!"!  Why did I do it?

Oh yeah! thats definitely the best option..... BUT..... welllllll!!

8 minutes ago, DennisThornton said:

use the bucket like a ski,

Now that I havent tried, but I like it!

SylvanLakeWH
2 hours ago, peter lena said:

did you see this toro set up ?  pete

Basically a Fast Wheel Horse without a seat... :handgestures-thumbupright:

Edited by SylvanLakeWH

8ntruck

Got a knock on the door two nights ago.  Was my neighbor.  They had missed their driveway and gotten their 4 door, 4x4 Blazer stuck.:teasing-tease:  

I walked over, took a look, then got my chain and shovels.  Blazer has back wheels on the road and front wheels in a shallow ditch, floor pan sitting on the snow bank.  Set the neighbor to shoveling, then took a look for two points on my Cherokee.  Nothing took on to.  So out comes the Ram 1500.  The Ram is 2 wheel drive with all season tires.  Not enough traction on the packed snow to pull the Blazer out.  They go get their other neighbor with a 4x4 3/4 ton pickup.  He snags the Blazer right out.

While I am turning my truck around, the neighbor misses the driveway again and re-sticks the Blazer!

IF I had my no name 14-8 weighted down and chained up, it would have pulled the Blazer out just fine.

• Like 2