Sign in to follow this  
D3R3K

c160 hydro, no movement

D3R3K

i have a c-160 Hydro, the trans will not move the tractor at all, but it will move the mower deck up and down. does anyone know what causes this and how to fix it??

DwellingBoar

I haven't been doing this for very long, but what might be the problem, is if the shift link has popped out of the thing for the transmission. If you take the plates off under the shifter you'll be able to see if the shifter mechanism is in the transmission engager thingy. I had that happen on my hydro and it was stuck on moving forward, until i popped the link thing back in. Except i'm not sure why i can't go backwards.

wheel horse 1045

i agree ,my c160 has a broke slider plate which is nylone i believe

D3R3K

it is not that, it is something inside the trans, like its not building pressure or something. i can put it in foward or reverse and push it and i can feel it working just a little but no power. i have a seccond trans, that was given to me with the tractor, and im thinking about taking the bullit like peices out of the one and swaping them.

Sparky

Is the "Tow/Push Valve" open? If so close it with the engine off and then restart and see if it moves then. The valve is either under the seat or behind the left(as your sitting on the tractor) running board or footrest.

Mike......

D3R3K

do you have a picture i am not sure what the valve looks like

D3R3K

not sure if it was the tow valve, but i found a screw that had a flat head on it and a long shaft inside of it, i removed it, then cranked it and fluid shot out. then put it back in, and now it moves!!!!!!!! and good