WheelhorseBob

Front end upgrade for the loader tractor.

ebinmaine

Nice add on.  

Are those roller bearing washers too?

WheelhorseBob
21 minutes ago, ebinmaine said:

Nice add on.  

Are those roller bearing washers too?

Yes, I bought a set of four with new bearings but one of the two sets of spindles I bought had the bearings and lower washer. Those two are extras...

• Like 1

WheelhorseBob
5 minutes ago, JAinVA said:

That modification is definitely worth doing for loader duty.. This is my 312a that is destined for loader service In addition  I beefed up the pivot pin support area.2017_01_12_1667.JPG.644169fc598da1598e23c0176077308a.JPG2017_01_12_1665.JPG.5c740ea67794964ba0b67418bf250c64.JPG 2018_07_12_1837.JPG.fbbcfd414ee3ee2ac09b5a3b78473dd6.JPG

You must have fabricated a new pivot pin? I like it!

• Like 2

JAinVA

Yes a new longer pin was made. The machine was set up for loader service only.The tachmatic brackets and central lift mechanisms were eliminated. While the loader is still in the works the tractor still gets used for draw bar service.I really need to get some pictures of it now. 

Edited by JAinVA
  • Like 5

WheelhorseBob

I hate winter.....ok that’s outa the way. Got tires and rims on the 416 loader tractor. Also tie rods. Think I’m going to put a new bushing in the steering shaft casting, seems like a lot of play for my liking.

image.jpg

• Like 2

WheelhorseBob

New bushing and the steering is tighter. I bought this one for the C121 restoration but I was this far into the 416-8 and couldn’t see leaving a worn bushing in there. Anyone have a source other than toro for these?

image.jpg

ebinmaine
31 minutes ago, WheelhorseBob said:

bushing in there. Anyone have a source other than toro for these?

Geez I was about to ask you...

Let's see....

WheelhorseBob

Update on the 416-8 loader tractor. As usual I get deeper into these things than I plan. I ended up doing a complete tune up on the ONAN. Went well and the only issue I found was a single score in the front cylinder. Unfortunately it’s almost at the bottom of the cylinder but it explains why this ONAN lets out a slight puff of blue at start up. No smoke while running and it runs super nice, so I’ll leave it alone for now with only 614. Hours. I took advantage of the warm weather last week and painted the frame, tower and motor tins. Didn’t really plan to but I can’t help myself. Now I have to get decals and repaint all tins. And to think this was only going to be an axle swap..   

image.jpg

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

ebinmaine
26 minutes ago, WheelhorseBob said:

. And to think this was only going to be an axle swap

:ROTF:

Ahhh yes. 

How many of us have started to change spark plugs and done a quick engine rebuild. Just while we're in there ya know....

Very nice work Bob. 

• Heart 1

Pullstart

That new axle spiffed the whole thing right up!  :handgestures-thumbupright:  the wet paint musta’ runned all over the frame huh?  :ROTF:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2