417Horse

Shoes for dozer blade

417Horse

What's the jungle site?

Horse Newbie
13 minutes ago, cschannuth said:

When I used a 520 to plow I used chain for the lift link.  BC319D75-2737-49B3-A271-14778FC598CF.jpeg.9740cb42933546121672ccf8fe814bf0.jpeg

We don't get much snow here in the Southern Piedmont of NC...

I still have a dozer/ snow blade for my 1994 520H.

I have thought about the "down pressure" bars I have seen on here to use with my blade.

And knowing me I will still aquire some...but for the amount of snow we rarely get, I think using the lift chain on my set up, relying on the weight of the blade will work fine.

Edited by Horse Newbie
  • Like 2

Horse Newbie
Just now, 417Horse said:

What's the jungle site?

Amazon online shopping

• Thanks 1

417Horse

Gotcha, thanks

peter lena

417 horse, do you have a atv quad shop near by ? that is where I  picked up my polyurethane blade edge , perfect for a driveway damage issue , easily cut to match the size of your steel edge , https://www.amazon.com/FallLine-Polyurethane-Snow-Plow-Edge/dp/B00S5JRZAG   just using this for a reference point , but chances are a local atv /  quad shop will have them in stock , this is a very simple swap , also silicone spray your blade face , for easy snow sliding , pete

• Like 2

417Horse

Thanks, Pete

Pullstart

I can attest to the strength of a poly edge.  Many commercial snow plows run them including a 16’ swing wing I used to own and operate.  They last practically forever.  I also had a thought.  Can your lift lever limit the down travel?

• Like 1

417Horse

Pete, how thick is the blade material you purchased? I checked out the link you sent me. 3/4" would be too thick, I think. 

peter lena

417, I think mine is close to that thickness, why would it be too thick? just get longer   carriage bolts , another thing  I also use washers and elastic lock nuts on back side. another thing is that you will probably get a longer than your size edge, with that cut off , you could make up some additional sliders , simple stuff, pete

• Like 2

417Horse

Pete, how tall is the piece you used? My blade is 48" wide, so the one on Amazon would be the correct length. I'd probably drill holes in the center so it could be flipped later down the road.

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

cschannuth
4 minutes ago, 417Horse said:

Pete, how tall is the piece you used? My blade is 48" wide, so the one on Amazon would be the correct length. I'd probably drill holes in the center so it could be flipped later down the road.

Mine is 1/2” thick and 4 1/2” tall. I drill the holes in the middle and then flip it when it’s worn. 

• Like 3

417Horse

Do you remember where you got it from? Quad shop?

cschannuth
Just now, 417Horse said:

Do you remember where you got it from? Quad shop?

Fleabay 

• Like 2

peter lena

417, mine was 54" wide, cut it down to 42 "  just used quad shop as a phrase, it was a motorcycle shop , that also sold ATV ,S  and related options , like plow blades , and poly edging blades for paved driveways. always looking for alternative ways to solve an issue . you might check locally at a cycle shop , on price and availability, might also notice other related goodies you can use, take the time to LUBRICATE YOUR PLOW STEERING QUADRANT AND RELATED LINKAGE , should swing with ease ,and lever pin should snap into quadrant hole arc with ease. silicone blade for snow release, pete     

• Like 2

peter lena

417 horse, my blade was 54 "  wide / long , cut it down to my 42" blade size, pete

417Horse

Got iced in on top of snow and lost power for 8 hours yesterday so I was on generator detail - yeah, I keep a can of silicone spray handy to use on the blade surface and the pivot points - really makes a difference! CSC and Pete, I'm gonna check with local shops for the blade material come Monday so I'll be ready next time. Thanks, David

• Like 2

ebinmaine
39 minutes ago, 417Horse said:

pivot points - really makes a difference

I'd had something in the pivot quadrant. Maybe rust?

Lubed a few times over the past year. 

The last storm it made a huge difference. I grabbed the pivot and the blade nearly flew from one side to the other. 

• Like 2

moe1965

Ask around or call your local towns and townships and see if they use a rubber blade on there snowplows when they change them out there is  plenty of meat left for use on a tractor blade 

20210214_190809.jpg

Edited by moe1965
  • Like 3

417Horse

Thanks, Moe. I've made that my project this coming week. I've also got some friends in the plow business so I'm sure I can find something soon. Is that about 3/4" thickness in your pic?

• Like 1

moe1965
On 2/14/2021 at 8:39 PM, 417Horse said:

Thanks, Moe. I've made that my project this coming week. I've also got some friends in the plow business so I'm sure I can find something soon. Is that about 3/4" thickness in your pic?

1 1/2 thick

• Like 1