haydendavid380

Let's talk about knobs

WVHillbilly520H
18 minutes ago, The Tuul Crib said:

Yeah you know that little flashy thing in front of the hook!  Trout just love them but then again I'm traditional and would rather fly fish! So I'm torn!

I was agreeing with you, got many trout on Joe's Flys Black Gnat and Cherokee spinners on an old free cork handle Shakespeare closed face spinning rod and cheap Zebco 202 reel.  

WV (not too far from my home county) is the home of the Golden Rainbow trout and that's was my very first trout ever caught 39 years ago.

• Like 1

The Tuul Crib
19 minutes ago, WVHillbilly520H said:

I was agreeing with you, got many trout on Joe's Flys Black Gnat and Cherokee spinners on an old free cork handle Shakespeare closed face spinning rod and cheap Zebco 202 reel.  

WV (not too far from my home county) is the home of the Golden Rainbow trout and that's was my very first trout ever caught 39 years ago.

I may show up one day in your neck o woods! ! Im an old fly flicker from way 

back! Its all good brother! I love ultra 

lite and an 8 or more rainbow!

Golden rainbow? Now that sounds interesting! Got any pictures?

Edited by The Tuul Crib
  • Like 1

Tuneup
6 hours ago, stevasaurus said:

They have always been referred to as "suicide knobs" around here.  I used to see them in cars that did not have power steering back in the 60s.  I think they are illegal in road vehicles now.  :eusa-think:

Memories - pumping gas as a teen in NJ and noticed one in a car and said, kind of excited, "Hey, a suicide knob. Nice!" Noticed after that the driver was missing an arm. Uncomfortable. I've got one on the 516H - like it. Oh, .89 for leaded regular, Exxon 93 was red and smelled sooo good, odd-even plates and $5 or $7 minimum. Good times.

• Like 2

Rod Addicott

I have them on both of my horse, would'nt be without them, makes it easier for me because i've had rotator cuff surgery twice on each shoulder!

• Like 2

tom2p
On 2/13/2021 at 6:40 PM, Tuneup said:

Memories - pumping gas as a teen in NJ and noticed one in a car and said, kind of excited, "Hey, a suicide knob. Nice!" Noticed after that the driver was missing an arm. Uncomfortable. I've got one on the 516H - like it. Oh, .89 for leaded regular, Exxon 93 was red and smelled sooo good, odd-even plates and $5 or $7 minimum. Good times.

I recall those days well 

neighbor down the street owned a Esso / Exxon station

I worked there for a number of years including the gas crunch days 

• Like 1