Sammy

1969 gt14 lift cylinder

Sammy

Well this is a big one considering it just happened today. I was using my 2nd 69 gt14 and the lift cylinder seems to be leaking a pretty significant amount. I don’t know how to rebuild a cylinder and I’ve seen that you can’t on the gt14’s but if there is a way to rebuild them or a replacement for them I’d like to know about it. It’s a bad leak! The picture below is just the tractor with the issue.

7A640008-6F96-488D-A273-3EAF8FD166B2.jpeg

daveoman1966

Within the last week or so, I posted a Leak "Repair for Hyd Cylinder 6618".  I know the GT14 uses a much larger cylinder, but MAYBE the same method could be used to save it...  Me thinks I just put it in the general WHEELHORSE category...but moderators may have found a better home for it...not sure.

• Like 1

Sammy
Just now, daveoman1966 said:

Within the last week or so, I posted a Leak "Repair for Hyd Cylinder 6618".  I know the GT14 uses a much larger cylinder, but MAYBE the same method could be used to save it...  Me thinks I just put it in the general WHEELHORSE category...but moderators may have found a better home for it...not sure.

Would you be able to like that in the replies here for me

pfrederi

• Like 1

Sammy
2 minutes ago, pfrederi said:

Thank you sir, I’ll definitely give that a try if it is the cylinder shaft but I’m not sure quite yet if it’s the cylinder shaft hole leaking or the where the hoses go into the top of the cylinder 

pfrederi

If it is around the hose fittings may be just an o ring (cheap) or maybe the swivel fitting itself (pricier)

Sammy

Ok I’ll give it a try, it’s quite difficult to get those gt14 cylinders out so I have to es it for some of this snow to clear to tackle that job. It will be hopefully soon because this has kind of put a damper on our snow removal having our freshly rebuilt gt14 blow something on the cylinder!

pfrederi

If it is the O ring it is going to be either dash # 905 or #906.  if the threads in the cylinder are 1/2" NF it will be the 905